7. "Ghost of the past .2"

Jessie Murph - Pray

I want to look away from the vision, but I can't. He's calm, but it's a terrifying kind of tranquility. He gives Pascal a wicked grin, his nails lengthen as he drags them across the metal table, making me tremble unpleasantly. He leaves deep scratches on the surface "Pascal, you thought you'd seen the worst of me, but you were sorely mistaken. You haven't even seen half of the horror I can cause" His voice unidentifiable and frightening, rough and guttural, even darker than Seth's.

The look in his eyes scares me as they turn from emerald to gold, and eventually the blackness of his pupils overwhelming the gold. His irises pitch black "You see, you've been pushing my limits for a long time, but this time you went too far, and you harmed someone I care about, so today I'm going to show you why I'm called a monster"

He glances at Gideon as a signal for something. Gideon rises from his seat, a syringe with a long needle in his hand. Dark crimson liquid filling the syringe. Whatever it is, I know it's going to make things worse for Pascal. Pascal hisses in anguish as Gideon injects the liquid into his neck. There's a girl in the vision too. Her back is turned to me. He clutches Pascal's hair, forcing him to look at up "I'm no fortune teller or witch, but I can say what will happen now. Now you're gonna beg for mercy. You won't get any, but you'll beg." He drags him to the middle of the room where a filled tank sits "Your cries and pleas will be music to my ears"

Gideon leans in close to the girl and suggests, "You might want to close your eyes,"

Blue liquid fills the tank. Like a pool. He's hand is still grasping Pascal's hair, whispering something to him before plunging his head under the water. When Pascal's head is forced in, my heart drops, a wave of nausea washes over me. His skin peeling off his face. His shouts are practically drowned out by the blue water that fades to red. Bubbles rising to the surface of the water, indicating that he is losing his air.

His arms swing around, attempting to push himself up and out of the water, but lacking his strength. He pulls him out and delivers a blow to his nose. The skin on Pascal's face reappears, and he gasps for breath. He grabs him again, dragging him back to the tank. His sadistic smile reappears. Pascal's eyes widen in terror, and he shakes his head, begging, "No, Caelum. Please," he pleads, and he frowns "I can't hear you, maybe it's not enough"

Before Pascal can respond, his head is driven back under the water, the same activity taking place. His skin melting away like nothing, but this time he doesn't draw him out; instead, he holds him in the water until he ceases moving and breathing. He slips something out of his pocket that looks familiar. A dagger. The one that was almost used on me. The light from the ceiling hole fell on the blade, giving it a glint. He rips Pascal's shirt and plunges the knife into his chest.

A horror-filled scream slips past the girl's lips, and his head snaps to her. Cold, menacing eyes looking at her. He walks up to her, dropping Pascal's lifeless body to the floor. She withdraws into a corner, most probably terrified to be near him. He gets down on his knees and tugs her trembling body onto his lap. She shakes with fear "Shhh," he whispers as he rocks them back and forth.

He lowers his head to her neck, pecking at the skin "No, Caelum, stop," she shouts, struggling to get away from him. My heart falls to my stomach. She is me. That's my voice. I turn around, not being able to look at it anymore. Slowly turning my head to him, and I saw it. The same terror I saw in his eyes that day in the cabin. I walk out the door, not looking back. I make my way to the staircase, running down. Not again. I can't go through the same feeling that I went through that night.

He saw it. He saw himself kill me. That's the prophecy. How could I be so stupid? All this time I thought I could break a curse. This is more than me. It's even more than him. He spent years trying to figure it out, and he couldn't. So how could I?