"Just leave it to me, Tomoe," Mimete said with a wink as she looked at the egg. "With this new Daimon of ours, there's no way that we'll fail."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Harusuke was walking around Downtown Juuban by himself, heading for the bookstore. As he walked on, he remembered back to past events that had transpired the other day, after he, along with the others, came back from their investigation.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi, Mamoru, and the others came back to the Hikawa Shrine, giving Luna and Artemis their report of Mugen Academy.

"It would seem that we were right to suspect Mugen Academy, after all," said Luna. "That Daimon showing up there proves it."

"Not just the school, but Haruka and Michiru, too," pointed out Minako. "Especially with how hostile they were toward us."

"It seems to me that those two might know some things that we don't," said Mamoru. "Which means it's more likely that they could be enemies."

"If that's the case, then you should all be careful and watch out for those two; they could be trouble," said Artemis. "And for the time being, we should keep away from Mugen Academy for a bit until we're able to go back. That way, we won't raise suspicion."

Usagi and Harusuke wanted to deny what they were saying, but even they could agree that their odd behavior from their encounter was nothing short of suspicious, so they said nothing.

Then, Usagi glanced over at Chibiusa, sitting quietly, lost in her thoughts. The ordango blonde then went to her daughter, wondering what was wrong.

"Chibiusa, is there something on your mind?" Usagi asked.

"I was just thinking about that girl we met, Hotaru," replied Chibiusa. "Her skin was so white like snow. I could almost see right through it." She then smiled to herself. "She looked so pretty, don't you think?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Harusuke then thought back to when Hotaru was healing Chibiusa's wound when she was Sailor Chibi Moon.

"Now that I think about it, that girl did seem different than average," he thought. "Not only was she more mature than her age, but there was also the way she healed Chibiusa's arm, too. It just seems like one after another with this whole thing."

He soon came to the bookstore and went inside to browse some books. At first, he looked through some manga along with some literature, but then he went to the non-fiction section, and one book caught his eye. It was small, medium-thick, and had "A Guide Book of Prestigious Private Middle and High School" for its title. The title alone made Harusuke curious. Knowing that it was a book containing vital information about the schools, there was a possibility that the book also had information about Mugen Academy. So, he took the book out of its shelf and began flipping through the pages. Sure enough, he stopped on a page with a picture on Mugen, along with one of a man with short white hair and wore glasses with one clear lens. He then gave it a quick read.

"Doctor Souichi Tomoe, the genius geneticist, is the sole founder of both Mugenzu and Mugen Academy," Harusuke murmured to himself. "Sounds like he's got a lot of dough." Then he remembered Hotaru introducing herself the other night. "Wait a second. Doesn't Hotaru have the same last name as this guy? If that's the case, then she must be related to him. Maybe she's his daughter or something."