A Celebratory Dinner

Warning: lots of smut

Hermione left Dr. McGonagall's office feeling like a million pounds. She couldn't believe someone as prestigious and world renowned as Minerva McGonagall would offer her a job. Only a few months post grad and Hermione was already seeing all of her dreams unfold. As she made her way over to the train station, she pulled out her phone to text Bella the good news.

>12:28pm
I got the job, Bella! She offered me a paid internship of sorts with the caveat that if I enjoy the work then I can work my way up to a full caseload.

Hermione tucked her phone in her pocket and pulled out her transport pass and got on the train. After finding an empty seat away from everyone she felt her phone buzz.

>12:35pm
That's amazing, love. I knew you'd get it. She'd be stupid not have given you the job.

>12:37pm
I'm in shock. I start on Monday. I can't wait!

>12:38pm
We need to celebrate. Ginny stopped by and asked if we wanted to go on a double date tonight. I told her to fuck off.

>12:40pm
Bella, you can keep telling my friend to fuck off.

>12:41pm
Sure I can, pet. She did, fuck right off. Worked like a charm.

>12:43pm
Text Ginny and tell her we'd love to go out with them tonight.

>12:45pm
Do I have to? I was planning on taking you somewhere special just the two of us.

>12:47pm
We can go out with them tonight and then hurry home and have our own celebration.

>12:55pm
Okay done. Texted red. We are meeting them tonight for dinner. I have plans already, Pet. Hurry home. XX🖤

Hermione put her phone away, took out her book and began reading. She was sure she could infer a smirk coming from Bella's last message which sent her stomach into premature butterflies. That woman would be the death of her in the most amazing way.

************

An hour  later, Hermione was walking through the front doors of the Dark Mark. Tonks was sitting next to her Aunt who was bent over a client, tattooing what appeared to be a raven on a girl's lower quad. Hermione chuckled at what appeared to be Tonk's attempt at keeping the girl from flirting with Bella. When Tonks heard the door chime, she looked up and winked at Hermione who just smiled and shook her head. She walked over to the front desk, deposited her suit jacket, took a seat going over the appointment books and starting to return phone calls to potential clients that came in while she was out. "What would the two of you do with me?" Hermione said to noone in particular when she started checking voicemails to write down the names and phone numbers of the people who left messages.

"We'd completely falter and the business would go belly up." Tonks replied in her most serious tone coming to stand in front of the desk.

"I thought you were over there protecting my girlfriend from the slutty coeds coming to get tattooed." Hermione smirked.

"Oh," Tonks looked over at her aunt. "She doesn't need my help today. All she's been able to talk about is how proud she is of you. It's all rather disgusting." Tonks laughed as Hermione reached across and swatted her with the appointment book. "Seriously though, congrats. I'm very excited for you." Tonks leaned over to peek at the messages she had written down. "If any of these clients sound hot, give them to me. I'm still looking for my forever."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "would you like to call some of them back?"

"Me?" Tonks asked, feigning ignorance. "I'm an artist. I believe you are in charge of the books, love."