The Story Continues...

6 months later

Hermione couldn't believe it. The day she had been waiting for for so many years had finally arrived. Today was her graduation day. After she walked across that stage and received her diploma, she would no longer be a child, she would finally be an adult. She wasn't entirely sure she was ready to venture into adulthood but she had enough love and support around her to guide her into the gauntlet of life. Hermione had been dating her girlfriend for over nine months now and it was the most serious relationship she had ever been in. She wouldn't trade it for the world. After learning of Bella's past, she felt an unconditional love that she didn't know was a possibility for her. Hermione didn't spend too much time thinking about Bella's criminal past as it wasn't affecting her current state of being or the immediate future. Hermione wasn't in denial of Bella's past; she just didn't think her past mistakes dictated her current and future self. Around Christmas, Bella had asked Hermione to move in with her. An official answer was never given but over the course of a few weeks, Hermione had moved all of her belongings into Bella's studio. She was sad to leave her long term roommates but she knew they were secretly happy to live alone together.

Hermione stood in front of the floor length mirror in her shared bedroom staring at herself. She had on a cream skater dress that had a flowery embroidered top, white heels and her graduation gown was hanging open. She was pinning the front of her hair back, letting her loose curls fall around her shoulders. After staring at herself for what seemed like an impossibly long time, there came an impatient knock at the door.

"Pet?" Her girlfriend called out to her. "If you don't hurry that cute little ass up, you are going to miss your graduation. I'm coming in..." Bella announced opening the door and stepping inside. Her smile shifted when she caught sight of her girlfriend. There was a hint of something different in her eyes. "Look at you." She smiled, coming over to place a kiss on Hermione's cheek. "Now, this isn't my usual style but," Bella said, bending slightly to zip up Hermione's gown, "I'd much rather be unzippering all of this." She smirked, "but graduation starts in 40 minutes and I'd hate for Ginny to blame me for you being late. Now," she smacked Hermione on the ass, "move that sweet little ass of yours out the door. We have places to be."

The ceremony was lovely. Hermione noticed the pride in her girlfriend's eyes when she walked across the stage and received her diploma. When the dean called her name, there was a small cheer coming from her band of loyal friends but to her surprise, alongside Bella was her niece and two sisters. Hermione wasn't sure when the transition happened but she went from being an employee to being a friend to eventually becoming considered a part of the family. With her own parents abroad for so many years, Hermione felt her heart fill looking into the crowd and seeing the smiling faces of everyone she loved.

After the ceremony, graduate rushed to meet her friends. She was swept into a hug by Ginny and Luna. "Oh my god. There's our girl. All grown up." Ginny reached out and pinched Hermione's cheek which earned her a playful slap on the wrist. "Seriously Mione, we are so proud of you. I can't believe you are finally done and won't be at Uni with us next semester."

"Who knows? I may come back for my PhD one day."

"It has to be exciting though. Knowing you don't have to come back and you get to start living your life," Luna said, coming in to hug Hermione and hand her a small bouquet of daisies. Hermione inhaled the familiar scent and sighed.

"What do you mean? She's set. Her super hot girlfriend got her the inside hook up with her criminal psychology hero." Ginny grinned.

"It's not the hook up. Bella just got me an interview with Minerva McGonagall. She wasn't even looking to hire another therapist. I suppose Bella has some pull with her but I assure you, I have to have a stellar interview to get the job. I'm not expecting her to just hand it to me because I'm dating Bella."