Chapter 33

J was sleeping peacefully on the bed as I tucked her in carefully.  I sighed and sat down at the edge of the messy bed and played with a loose strand of her beautiful blue hair.

Standing up, I left the room and walked to my desk. I needed to finish the board so that it can be of use sooner rather than later.

▪︎☆☆☆▪︎

"Finally! It's done!" I exclaimed out loud as I put the last touch of colour of the hover board. Little did I notice that behind me, sat Jinx, who had been watching me work for a while now.

"Congrats babe, wanna go test it?" J asked excitedly, catching me off guard.

"How you feeling baby, any better?" I questioned and she nodded her head.

"Now how about the testing?" J looked the board and I giggled.

"Not right now, I have a better idea. Let's go and scare the living shit out of Dad!" I explained and jumped up from my seat and grabbed baby's arm.

Gladly following me, Jinx and I made our way to Dad's office.

▪︎☆☆☆▪︎

I looked down from our wooden purch above Dads tidy desk and I smirked at Jinx. He wasn't here yet. From behind her back, Jinx pulled out one of the kitty cat glitter bombs since Dad hated those the most. He says,"They get glitter in crevices and you cannot go without a week of letting those off without finding bits all over for weeks"

I mean he's right but when have we ever listened to Dad? Poking my head down to check if he was in the room, which he wasn't but there was someone else in the room. Marcus. Damn it.

He faced the door and was fiddling with something in his hand. Then the door created open and in stepped Dad and greeted,"Sherrif, what a lovely surprise."

Marcus didn't sound to happy when he replied to Dad's words.
"The Hex Tech wonder boy is on the Council now, and he's asking questions."

"It's only a matter of time before he finds the truth," Marcus stated coldly as Dad moved to sit down on the comfy seat.

"What is truth, but a survivor's story?" Dad asked and pulled open the top draw of the desk, which wad cluttered with alsorts ranging from paper to cigars.

"If I'm discovered, we're both finished," Marcus stepped forwards and looked really angry.

"Good thing you've located the proof of the Firelights involvement." Dad slid one of Jinxs bombs across the table but it looked different to her normal one. This one had little hourglasses in pink and blue on the sides.

Now Marus was right infrount of the desk and reached out a hand to grab the bomb.

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○

Hiiii I've broken up from school for a week so I should have more time to write now!

○18|02|2022●