——

Roland sat on a couch as I walked around Emerald gave me specific instructions to not sit down.

Ceaser stepped out on stage, my heart started to race when he spoke.

"On the eve of the 75th Hunger Games!"

I shook my head this week has flown by so fast. Almost like my other games so I should be used to it by now.

My hand went up and played with my necklace.

"Wow don't you look scary." I smiled at the voice. "Why thank you Finn." His hand grabbed mine making me stop playing with it. I rolled my eyes slightly at him.

He figured out that playing with my necklace was an anxiety thing, and it make a red line go across my neck from where the chain rubs.

So now anytime he sees me doing it he grabs my hand and pulls it away. I suppose I am thankful for him doing this. Saves me from the burn of the chain.

"So Haymitch stopped by my apartment today." "Oh he did?" "Yes, he wants me to be allies with the star cross lovers." I gave him a pity laugh. "Good luck with that." "Why?"

"Last I heard Katniss thinks your snobby. And doesn't want to be allies with anyone." "I don't care what she says."

"That's a first." His shoulder bumped with mine making me stumble slightly. "Finnick Odair! Dont push a girl wearing heels over!" Johanna came over.

Her arm wrapped around my shoulders. "Poor baby." She kissed my forehead making me shake my head. I pushed her off of me as the elevator dinged.

Haymitch and Peeta stepped out. "Wow. Cypress, you look wonderful." "Ahh Haymitch you look... slightly sober."

"Don't let my physique full you." "Oh I never do." I gave him a sweet smile. "You know Peeta." "How could I forget." "He has a proposition for you."

I looked at Peeta who looked like a lost puppy.

"And what's that." He stood up straighter gathering confidence. "I've watched your games, I tried to convince Katniss to but she claims she knows everything she needs to know about you."

"Get on with it Peeta." Haymitch slapped his back.  "Right, look, I know Katniss is hard headed and so are you and sometimes that doesn't mix well but you two together could make a great team." I nodded along with him. As much as I'm not fond of Katniss I'll hear out his offer.

"Just if you could think about being allies with us. Or even just not making us on the top of your kill list." "Peeta, you guys weren't even near the top of my list. Maybe you will be now."

The look of fear in his eyes made me laugh. "Kidding! I'll definitely think about it." "That's all I want."

"Okay my turn to talk now." Haymitch spoke to the four of us. "I've talked to the other victors and they are trying to stop the games with their interviews. So say anything to make the crowd rebel against the capital."

I look at Finnick who's looking at me. We know what will happen if the games don't happen.

"Are you alright?" Finnick asked as the video stopped. "As good as I can be." I smiled. "I know that's a fake smile but I'll take it." Then he smiled his award winning smile that every girl in panem fell in love with.

As we looked into each other's eyes the elevator dinged again.

Peacekeepers walked inside, my breath hitched as President Snow appeared.

"Ahh just the people I was looking for." Finnick tightened his grip on my hand.

"I see you watched the program, exciting isn't! I just had rush here when I was done. Just to let my best victors know." He moved closer to in slightly bending down.