A Turn of Events

~Zephyra~

The DA meeting was going well. I duelled against George for a while, both of us practicing new spells. 

I'd been let out of the Hospital Wing only a day after I'd entered it and a week later I felt much better. I'd not attended any more Inquisitorial Squad meetings, knowing that I wasn't welcome. However, the time I'd not spent there had been useful. I'd finished the animagus transformation! There had been a storm (which was necessary for the final component of the transformation), and I went out in the rain with McGonagall. In the middle of the night after months of work, it happened.

The next few days I perfected flying. At first, I was unsteady, worried I would plummet out of the sky or smack into a tree. Now, I could soar and it was amazing. 

"Wands up," Harry reminded, "you don't want to be unguarded - just a seconds hesitation could be it."

I focused on George, who was a competent dueller. He sent a stunner at me which I dodged before firing back. He blocked it deftly, a smile on his face. 

Immediately after the transformation, I noticed something. My sight was sharper and therefore my reaction time increased. In a letter to Sirius I asked him about it. He said it was perfectly normal and I was lucky I'd only got good eyes, as he said his super smell wasn't always pleasant to experience. 'Particularly around Snivellous,' he'd written, which made me giggle. 

George sent an impedimenta my way and instead of dodging or blocking it, I jumped into the air and focussed on shifting forms. I transformed in the air, letting out a crow of delight before flying straight at him. I dive bombed him, causing him to shriek in alarm. 

"Not fair!" He yelped, covering his face with his hands. 

I transformed back and laughed with unrestrained glee. 

"I won," I singsonged. 

"Yeah, don't be a bad loser, George," Fred added, sauntering up beside me. "That was epic," he told me. 

I tried not to blush but my fair skin wouldn't allow it. I turned my face away from him back at George who looked sullen. 

"Sorry, George," I said, helping him to his feet. He wrapped an arm over my shoulder in a half hug, half shove. "Prick." 

"Nah, that's my brother," he replied, seriously. I nodded, solemnly, as if he made a good point. 

Fred huffed and threw up his hands as if saying how did I get pulled into this?

I chuckled and George did too. He let me go and raised his wand, ready to go again.

BOOM!

The room shook and we all froze, looking at the door. 

BOOM!

It happened again and I heard Harry yell telling everyone to step back. People started running to the opposite side of the room.

"Fuck," I whispered, George's hand in mine as we ran.

BOOM! 

We gathered, wands raised as the wall cracked and splintered. I braced myself, ready for an attack. 

BOOM! 

The stones in the wall flew away from one another crashing to the floor and skidding along the floor. 

I covered my eyes, dust filling the air. When it settled I looked up and saw them.

The inquisitorial squad was standing where the door used to be, Umbridge at the front, her wand raised.