The closer it got to midnight, the larger and rowdier the crowds of adults dressed in costumes grew. The streets were packed, the clubs were full, and the smell of alcohol was thick in the air. The worst possible scenario for Myungsuk.

"Kitty, we're almost there. Just breathe."

Seunghyeon forced himself to take a deep breath as Kwangsun squeezed his shoulder. He had to stay calm. For Myungsuk and Taeyong's sake.

Soon, Seunghyeon was able to take the turn down the narrow street, stopping the car at the door of the cafe. He fumbled out of the car and rushed to the glass door, stretching his neck as he scanned the dark interior.

Seunghyeon's heart pounded as he unlocked the door and pushed his way inside.

"Myungsuk!"

No answer.

"Myungsuk! Insoo!" Kwangsun called out, stepping in behind him. "I'll go check upstairs," he said.

Seunghyeon nodded. "I'll check the back," he said and hurried behind the counter.

It was pitch black and silent except for the whirring of the fridge in the corner. Seunghyeon's eyes blurred and his heart dropped. "Myungsuk? Are you here?" he called out in vain.

"Fuck." His mind raced. Where could he be? Why wasn't he answering his phone? Why did he go out in the first place without telling anyone? Was this their life now? Never connected and all over the place? It wasn't supposed to be this way.

"Kitty?" Kwangsun asked as Seunghyeon dragged himself out of the cafe. Seunghyeon locked the door before turning around, falling into Kwangsun's open arms.

Kwangsun brushed his fingers through his hair. "Take a deep breath and let's think again."

Seunghyeon squeezed his eyes shut, the gust of wind stinging his damp cheeks. "I don't know. I don't know," he whispered, his voice trembling. He gripped the back of Kwangsun's jacket, burying his face into his chest.

Kwangsun continued to pet him when his phone vibrated. Seunghyeon sniffled and glanced up when Kwangsun read his screen, tensing his jaw.

"What is it?" Seunghyeon asked.

"It's Yoonah," Kwangsun said and Seunghyeon held his breath. "They couldn't find them."

"Oh." Seunghyeon's body went numb and he tightened his grip around Kwangsun. "What if we don't find them," he whispered.

"We will," Kwangsun said, cradling Seunghyeon's cheek. "Myungsuk and Insoo are two smart kids. It's only a matter of time."

"But we don't have time!" Seunghyeon sobbed. He pounded his fist against Kwangsun's chest, his tears flowing. "The baby's coming! Myungsuk can't miss the baby!"

Kwangsun opened his mouth, but quickly shut in, opting to kiss the top of Seunghyeon's head instead. There was nothing he could say because he didn't know. No one knew anything.

"Let's sit in the car and call Daehyun to get an update, okay?" Kwangsun suggested.

Seunghyeon sniffled and nodded. "Okay."

They got in the car, Seunghyeon curling up in the passenger seat as he dialed Daehyun.

"Hello, Seunghyeon? Did you find them?" Daehyun asked as soon as he answered the call. Seunghyeon's chest panged and he glanced at Kwangsun.

"Uh, no. Not yet," Kwangsun explained, leaning over. "They're not at the cafe either."

Daehyun sighed. "I see."

"How's Taeyong-hyung?" Seunghyeon piped up. "And the baby?"

"He's good," Daehyun said. "Baby's stable. Right now, the nurse has him walking up and down the hall to help stimulate labour."