Chapter 58 (Part 1/2)

Start from the beginning

Insoo stifled a laugh and Myungsuk's heart swelled. "Yeah, I guess it does," Insoo said as he led him inside, halting in the hallway. Insoo pressed his lips into a thin line and rubbed the back of his neck.

He turned around, the red rim around his eyes obvious in the brightly lit space. The same question hung on his lips and before Insoo could repeat it, Myungsuk stepped forward.

"I know what Hyung said to you."

Insoo's eyes widened and he blinked. "What?"

"I know Taeyong-hyung spoke to you," Myungsuk explained, his chest tightening. "I know he said a lot of mean things to you and told you to break up with me."

Insoo knitted his brows and his eyes blurred. "If you know, then why are you here?"

"Because I don't care!" Myungsuk scowled and swung his backpack around, digging into it. "I don't care what Taeyong-hyung or Seunghyeon-hyung say about you or your family. Myungsuk pulled out the paper and furiously unfolded it.

"What is that?" Insoo asked, stepping forward.

Myungsuk grumbled. "I wrote a speech, so I don't forget what to say." Myungsuk cleared his throat. "When you knotted me–"

Insoo slapped his hands over Myungsuk's mouth, his face red. "Uh, why don't we go to my room. Okay?"

Myungsuk took a deep breath of Insoo's scent and nodded.

He followed Insoo to his room, humming as he looked around. There was clutter. The desk was piled with papers and there were plants and warmth in here unlike the rest of the house.

Myungsuk purred as he sat on the edge of the bed with Insoo and smiled at him. This was the Insoo he knew.

Insoo shifted awkwardly and glanced down. "So...?"

"Oh, right." Myungsuk sprang to his feet and stood in front of Insoo, clearing his throat.

"When you knotted me during my heat, the world felt right. In fact, these feelings started from the moment I met you when you came into the cafe that one chilly day nine months ago. I thought you were the cutest person and your eyes were like the moon that held all the stars in the sky."

Myungsuk took a deep breath. "For the first time, I wanted someone to like me. I wanted you to like me. And you did. Even after I told you I was autistic, you didn't treat me differently or stop talking to me. I don't know if you know how much that meant to me. I think it was then when I really let myself fall head over heels in love with you." Myungsuk glanced up at Insoo's awed expression and continued.

"I know Taeyong-hyung said awful things to you and hurt you when you're already insecure. You may be young, but so am I. Hyung calls you weak, but I think you're softhearted and tender. And that's what I love the most about you."

"Myungsuk–" Insoo's voice cracked as he reached out. Myungsuk took his hand and bit his lip. "That's all good... But my family."

"I don't care about your family," Myungsuk snapped. "They just need to meet me and they'll be okay."

"No they won't," Insoo said, holding Myungsuk's hand tighter. "And he's right. My family is an alpha-only family. I've tried bringing up the idea of being with an omega and they shut it down every time."

Myungsuk's heart ached and his eyes blurred. "Don't you love me?"

"I do," Insoo breathed out. He stood up and placed his hand on Myungsuk's cheek. "I do," he whispered. "I love you so much, Myungsuk, you have no idea."

Myungsuk nuzzled his palm, letting out a shaky breath. "Would you pick me over your family?"

"I would," he said without a second thought. "But"–Insoo hesitated–"I don't know how to survive on my own," he confessed, moving to wrap his arms around Myungsuk's waist.

"I'll be with you," Myungsuk said, hugging Insoo back. "And so will Daehyun-hyung. He said so."

Insoo furrowed his brows. "He did?"

Myungsuk nodded, standing on his toes. "Yup. You can stay with us. And don't worry about Taeyong-hyung and Seunghyeon-hyung. He said they know what they did was wrong."

"I see." Insoo sighed heavily and leaned his forehead against Myungsuk's. "I don't want to be a burden on them though."

"You won't be," Myungsuk hummed, his sweet pheromones wafting around them, wrapping around Insoo and washing away his fears. "Do you trust me?"

Falling silent, Insoo eyed Myungsuk conspicuously. Myungsuk raised his eyebrows. "What?"

Insoo huffed out a laugh and broke into a bright grin with twinkling eyes. "Nothing," he said before nodding. "I do trust you. With my whole heart."

Myungsuk bit his lips and wiggled his toes. "Good. Me too," he said and pecked Insoo's lips. "So will you stop ignoring my calls then?"

Insoo nodded. "Yes." He sighed and shook his head. "I'll never put us through that ever again."

"I know," Myungsuk purred. He nuzzled his nose against Insoo's shoulder and took in his breath. "I missed you alot," he whispered.

Insoo squeezed him and buried his nose into Myungsuk's hair, his breath wavering. "Me too."

The two stayed in each other's arms for a while, with only their breaths filling the silence. Comfortable, peaceful silence. Myungsuk could stay here forever. This is where he wanted to be; In Insoo's arms. But nothing lasts forever.

The floor rumbled below them and Insoo's jerked back, gasping. "My dad..."

Myungsuk blinked. "What?"

"That's the garage." Insoo pulled away and grabbed Myungsuk's bag. "You need to get out of here," he said and grabbed Myungsuk's wrist.

When Insoo opened his door, the door below them did too and with it gut-churning, metallic pheromones burned Myungsuk's nose. He turned to Insoo, who froze in place, the colour drained from his face as the familiar voice boomed through the house.

"WHERE ARE THEY?"