INT. DINER

Two cups of coffee were poured.

Five, Adriana and Vanya sat at a counter.

"Leave the pot, dear," Five said.

The waitress set the pot down and Five muttered, "Lippy little shit." The waitress walked away.

Adriana shot him a look. "Be nice to those who work in customer service."

"You gonna tell me what the hell's going on?" Vanya asked.

Five looked at her. "When you were a baby, you were bought by an eccentric billionaire. He raised you in an elite academy with seven other siblings with extraordinary powers, but in the year 2019, in order to avoid the apocalypse, we jumped into a vortex and ended up being scattered throughout the timeline in Dallas, Texas. Any questions?"

"What do you mean, "the apocalypse?""

"I mean the end of the world as we know it."

"Yeah, but how?" Vanya wondered. "And who's she?"

Five looked at her. "You really don't remember anything? Ana began living at the Academy and got roped into everything."

Vanya shook her head. "Mm-mm. Nothing before a month ago."

Adriana sipped her coffee before asking, "What do you remember?"

"I landed in, like, a... back alley. Got hit by a car. My head was ringing like crazy. I had no idea how I got there, where I came from. What causes the apocalypse?"

Five looked away a moment, then turned back. "Asteroid impact. The big kaboom ends everything." He picked up his cup of coffee. "Just like the one that got the dinosaurs, except way worse. Bad news is, it followed us here." He set his cup down."

"What do you mean, "followed us"?"

"Eight days from now, the world ends in a nuclear doomsday. It's a different disease, but... same result."

"That can't be right."

"I saw it. With my own eyes." he let out a sigh. "You both were there. We all were."

"Shit. I need to make a phone call." She abruptly stood.

"Vanya."

Vanya rushed to a phone and dialed a number.

Adriana glanced at the boy. "Five, you should've told her the truth. It's always better to know."

"And risk her blowing everything up again? No way."

"Five, she's your sister."

"And she doesn't remember what she did. Please don't tell her."

Adriana nodded slowly. "Only because you said please."

"Thank you."

INT. FARMHOUSE

Harlan listened to a record while playing with a bad and the record began skipping.

He fiddled with the needle and the classical music began playing faster. Harlan began hitting his head.

"Oh, God," Sissy sad. "Let Mama help you, honey." Harlan began hitting the record player again as she reached him. "Hey, let Mama help you. It's okay."

Sissy picked up the needle and moved it. "Here we go. Okay." She set it down and it screeched the record. "Oh, honey."

"Mmm!" Harlan hummed angrily.

"Honey, just take a deep breath. Deep breath, honey. Just breathe." Harlan hit the record player again. "Just breathe."

"Mmm!"