Part 17 - Waiting For Her Prince

Bhavik's POV

The light and free demeanor of Mayuri that I was graced with for a few moments quickly went back into hiding and was replaced with her melancholic expression.

(vah yahan nahi aaee, vah yahaan kee hai)

"She didn't get here, she is from here" she replied monotonously

"What do you mean from here?" I asked my voice laced with confusion, curiosity and a sense of dread as I had a hint of what she was getting to.

(yahaan se matalab yahaan paida hua)

"From here, means born here" she answered simply as if it wasn't that big of a deal, but seeing my expression that reflected my voice she let out a sigh before standing up and continuing as she slowly walked around the bed

(...yeh uska ghar aur uska pariwar hai, vah iske alawa aur koi duniya nahin janate)

"When men come and fuck the women in the brothels they often leave many trophies behind. They don't even know or care about them, She is one such trophy gifted by those men. Shaswati is the daughter of one of the prostitutes that used to work here, Badal didi. Her mum died while giving birth and so me and the other girls in the brothel have raised her. This is her home and her family, she doesn't know any other world beside this"

I didn't know how to react, I had never heard of such things and the way in Mayuri was saying it, made it seem so normal but then again when thinking about it I guess it is pretty logical and it only makes sense.

(kya aap jante hain uske baap kaun hai)

"Do you know who her father is? '' I ask, getting up from the bed myself and moving toward the bedpost. Mayrui looks at me amused and lets out a sarcastic chuckle before walking towards the cupboard

(ham har raat 3 se chhah purushon ke saath sote hain, agar ham mein se ek pregnant ho jati hai, to kya aap sachme mein sochte hain ki ham yah jaan paenge ki pita kaun hai)

"We sleep with three to six men every night, if one of us gets pregnant  do you really think we would be able to know who the father is? She asks me turning back to face me with a slight smile.

(nahin, hum nahin jaante ke pita kaun hai, lekin varshon se hamen lagata hai ki ham jaanate hain ki yah kaun ho sakata hai)

"Nah, we don't know who the father is for sure but over the years we think we know who it might be." She answered her own question. "He's a regular customer, a man in his 50's, Mr Kumar Rao. We don't know for sure but we have pieced together her features and they resemble his and didi's, not only that he was a frequent visitor of Badal didi and when she was still alive that was the only girl he went for..." she continued

(aur ab aisa lag raha hai ki vah apni beti ke liye ja rahe hain. vah suar pichhale ek saal se shaasvatee par najar gadae hue hai, beshak vah nahi janta ki yeh uski beti hai, lekin aisa nahi hai ki agar usne aisa kiya to bhee vah paravaah nahin karega.)

" and now it seems like he's going for his daughter. That pig has been eyeing Shaswati for the past year, of course he doesn't know that it's his daughter but it's not like he would care even if he did. The people that come here dont give a fuck about who they are pleasuring themselves on and don't give a second thought about if its their sister,mother or daughter, bloody, motherfuckers..." she spat in vile distaste.

I stood there dumbfounded by disgust at what I was hearing, I had never imagined such people existed who could look at their daughter in such a way. I could feel my stomach churning and feeling sick as I struggled to digest what I was hearing.