Part 10 - Ghungroo

Mayuri's POV

(Rammo ji aap mujhe bulaya)

"You called me Rammo ji?'' I asked as I stood behind the large man as he directed the customer to one of the rooms inside.

(Haan, minister ji aaj aa rahe hain aur Manorama unke liye taiyaar ho rahi hai...)

"Yes, minister ji is coming today and Manorama is getting ready for him so you are dancing today." He said forwarding a pair of ghungroos

"No, I've already told you that I don't dance" I stated as I turned away to leave but he grabbed my hand and jerked me back.

(Maine tumase nahin poocha. Main tumhen aadesh de raha hoon ki tum aaj naachoge)

I struggled to free myself from his grip but it only tightened causing a few bangles to break scratching my skin. A wicked smile crept across his face seeing my struggle "I didn't ask you. I'm telling you that you will be dancing today." He said each word slowly and deliberately, tightening his grip on my wrist as he did so, while forcing the ghungroo into my hands.

(Nahin... Mainne is veshyaalay mein tumhaare lie bahut kuchh kiya hai lekin main unakee havas ko santusht karne ke liye nrty karake is pavitra kala ko kabhi kalankit nahi karoonga)

"No" I yelled, jerking my hand free and throwing the ghungroo across the room. "I have done so many things for you in this brothel but I will never taint this sacred art form by dancing to satisfy their lust." I continued glaring at him.

THUD

I felt a burning sensation across my face as I looked up at him from the floor.

"AAAGH" I grabbed onto his hands desperately trying to wrench it away from my hair as I was pulled to my feet.

"Listen here you bitch" he whispered leaning into me, the stench of cigarettes mixed with alcohol, sweat and digesting food almost caused me to throw up. I shut my eyes and looked away in disgust only to receive another tug on my hair causing me to yell in pain as a new wave of searing pain shot across my scalp.

"Look at me when I speak" he boomed as he grabbed my face roughly forcing me to look at him. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists forcing the anger that was brewing inside me back down.

(...Aap jaisa main kahoonga vaisa hee karoge ya mujhe pata hai ki tujhe meri baat kaise sunanee hai)

"The only reason you are still alive is because of me and the only reason I have kept you alive is because of the amount of customers you get me. You will do as I say or I know how to make you listen to me" he growled as he tapped the large silver buckle of his belt.

"Now, I'm sure your customers wouldn't be pleased to have a girl who is all bruised would they, so don't make me do it" he continued running his free hand down my arm and across my waist slowly working his way up. I felt my skin crawl under his touch as his rough hands scratched my body.

"You will be a good girl and you will dance tonight,'' he whispered, moving closer to my face and breathing into me, I closed my eyes in disgust, feeling the drops of paan mixed with saliva that flew from his mouth and landed on me. I could feel his grip on my hair tighten forcing my head up and my hands clench tighter as my nails dug into the palms of my hands as he moved closer to me, I felt like burning myself as he kissed me on my neck leaving a small patch of leftover paan to drip down the side of my neck.

Ting,ting,ting

(Ab jao aur taiyaar ho jao)

"Now go and get ready" he commanded as he shoved me in the direction of the ghungroo lying on the floor and left towards the front room to attend to the waiting customer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading :)