𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚜

Start from the beginning

"Sage, chill out. He's just overprotective." Glenn mumbled lowly, and that started to calm the girl down for a moment before the same man spoke up again, seeing her advance him.

"What? Do you really want to start, little girl?" He dared, and this immediately set Sage off, but Glenn yanked her away again.

"Shane don't! She took down Merle in less than 10 seconds, she will kick your ass, and you're not exactly easing tension here. Just stop." Glenn warned him. Shane looked at the blonde uneasy by her, to which Sage smirked cockily at him, while he glared back at her. This man sucked at first impressions.

"The music was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source. I'm not arguing, I'm just saying." The old man said, trying not to anger Shane, who gave him a look. He then turned to Glenn and the woman as Sage stood taller, stepping away from Glenn's grip. "Besides, they apologized."

Inhaling deeply to calm herself, Sage and Shane exchange tense glances as the box truck pulled up the gravel and dirt pathway.

The roll up door then opened, and Andrea was the first to jump out.

"Amy." She said, and the young blonde that had been pestering Glenn smiled, the two girls began crying.

"Andrea!" Amy said, running up as they then hugged each other tightly. Sage assumed they must be sisters, noticing how much they looked alike. Sage smiled at the reunion, wishing she had family still.

A little boy and girl ran to Morales, as well as a woman. Sage looked around and tried to distract herself from the depressing thoughts that filled her mind.

"You are a welcome sight!" The old man laughed, embracing Morales. "I thought we had lost you folks for sure."

"How'd y'all get out of there, anyway?" Shane questioned, and Morales looks to Sage, who blushes with a smile.

"New guy and Sage. They got us out." Glenn said, and the blonde nudged him.

"You kinda helped too, Rhee." She smiled, as Shane stared at her, a few other members glancing over at the blonde as well.

"New guy?" Shane questioned as T-Dog passed by her, the two of them exchanging nods. Shane didn't see a new guy anywhere in sight and was curious over who he was.

Charlie then hops out of the back of the truck, and Sage called him over, which he sprints toward her, practically tackling the girl in response.

"Good boy, Charlie!" She giggles as the dog licked her face. Sage then looked over a T-Dog again as he pat Charlie on the head. She didn't exactly blame him for leaving Merle behind, if she were in his shoes, she didn't know if she would do anything differently.

"Yeah, crazy vato just got into town. Hey, Helicopter Boy! Come say hello." Morales called to the van. "Guy's cop, like you." Morales told Shane.

Shane then directed his attention to Woody, who had climbed out of the van, his hands on his hips, looking exhausted. Sage noticed that Shane seemed frozen in place, staring at Rick like he had seen a ghost, and noted that the man must know Rick, seeing as he was looking at him with recognition.

For a moment, a very tender moment, Sage watched as Rick stares across the campsite at a little boy with the brightest blue eyes Sage had ever seen. He stood with his mother, who was kneeled in front of him, having a teary exchange of sorts. The pair looked over, after hearing something about a new guy.