Chapter 16

AN: Happy Valentines Day everyone! I wanted to make this chapter as soon as I could, and I'm really excited where this story is going! Anyways, enjoy the read.

 After a few minutes of waiting and sitting on the couch, you got off and forged the kitchen for something, anything to eat. You hadn't even had anything to eat since yesterday, and it was taking a toll on your body.

 You opened the overhead cabinets, searching for something along the shelves, but was found empty-handed. You checked the other shelves, hoping that you hadn't ran out of food completely, but still food nothing except for a can of beans.

 You sighed, and knew that you had to go to the market. Mustering enough courage, you got on your shoes and took a deep breath, looking at the street for Dolores and the others. Going down the steps, you crossed the street to the village marketplace. Discreetly, you bought and payed for all your food quickly before anyone could see you, not stopping for anything.

 Paying for the last of your food supplies, you turned around to see Mirabel and her group walking over to you with glee on their faces. Your body shivered, triggering your fight or flight response. But you just stood there, as stuck as glue, trying to act and look normal.

 " Hey, Y/N!" Isabela said, being the first one to approach you. You saw her some of the time at the casita, but only barely.

 " Oh, hey Isabela!" You awkwardly said, as you shifted in your place.

 Everyone acknowledged you, and started chatting with you. You didn't listen too much, you were staring down Dolores, who was doing the same.

 " Don't you think that'll be fun?" Mirabel said, pulling you back to your reality.

 " I'm sorry, what were we talking about?" You asked, slightly cringing at your words and how you'd reacted.

 " Well, we were just discussing how Abuela has asked the mayor and his family from over the hills to come over here for a week and stay here. I think everyone is excited for that, seeing new people here. Their actually coming here tomorrow." Isabela said, looking at you with a happy expression on her face. You were surprised, since not a lot of newcomers came here, except for you.

 " Well, I think that's great! It would be great to get to know the neighboring towns." You said, wondering what they would be like. They all nodded together, staying in silence for a few moments.

 " And on that note, I think Abuela will want us to get ready for them to come here. You're invited for when they come here, if you'd like." Mirabel said as she walked away with the rest of the group.

 You couldn't wait for the family to get over here, and meet them. You'd also wondered how exactly they all would react to... well everything in Encanto.

...

 Heading to your house with all the bags, you saw a tiny furry creature at the entrance of the door. You opened it, and the tiny thing scurried inside. Setting down your bags, you looked around. You spotted a rat sitting atop the kitchen counter, carrying a note in his mouth.

 You sat next to the rat, getting a small peanut to trade it with from one of the bags. It gave up the note, making you ponder what was in it. It was obvious that Bruno had sent it; He was pretty much the only one here in Encanto who would even think to do this.

 You swiped a knife under the note to open it fluidly, setting the knife down after. You leaned over the counter as you read:

 Dear Y/N,

 Meet me at the middle of the town square at 12:30 AM

 Bruno

 Your heart fluttered and did leaps as you read. 20 times, 30 times, 40 times you read that letter, and still couldn't believe you had it in your hand. You got your pen and wrote down a response:

 Dear Bruno,

 I'll meet you there

 Y/N

 You quickly put the letter back in the rats mouth, and took it in your hand. You took the rat to the steps outside, and set it down. You watched as it scurried to the casita, avoiding people along the way.