Chapter 12

" Turn here!" Bruno said, pulling his horses reigns and going through the bushes and leaves.

 You trusted him, so you quickly followed him through, shutting your eyes closed so hard they hurt.

 You crashed into the trees; The sticks and twigs in your way pricked and scratched at your skin. When you opened your eyes, you could see Mirabel and Abuela standing at the edge of a river.

 " She did nothing! I gave her a vision!" Bruno said, hopping down on his horse. He tripped and fell to the ground. You gasped as you lept off your horse, moving towards him to get him up. He got up himself however, staring at Mirabel's abuela dead in the face. 

 He took a few steps forward, looking like he was preparing for the worst, when abuela came up to him and embraced him. He obviously looked very confused by this. 

 " Did I miss something important?" He asked, looking confused. 

You laughed, and then turned to Mirabel who was eyeing Bruno and you. You shrugged at her, mouthing the word " What?". She just smiled slyly.

 " Now I think we should head back," You said, interrupting the moment," The others might get even more worried about you." 

 " Yeah, we should." Bruno said, climbing one of the horses.

 You noticed quickly that there wasn't any room for the four of you on one horse, so you sat next to Bruno, while Mirabel and Abuela sat with each other.

...

 Riding into the town of Encanto was faced paced, even for you. You got there in no time at all, seeing the ruins of the casita in your midst.

 You turned over to Mirabel, who was staring at you. You turned to look attune, and silently gasped. You whipped your head around and gave Mirabel a death glare. She just smirked back.

... 

 You arrived at the casita, or what remained, and hopped off the horse. Mirabel and Abuela were the first to get off, and walk. You hesitated for a moment, and got off the horse, sliding down. You looked around at Bruno, who had a nervous expression on his face. 

 " Hey, are you okay?" You questioned, walking to him.

 " What if they all hate me? What if they never forgive me? What if-" Bruno was saying before you interrupted.

 " Hey," You said, moving towards him." Nothing bad is going to happen. And if it does, Mirabel and Abuela will still be here for you. And me." 

He smiled while nodding his head. With a sigh, he got off of the horse and walked over with you.

 While walking, he started to look uncomfortable and nervous. You took his hand in his, making a faint color spread across his cheeks. You weren't paying attention, since you were nervous yourself.

 You entered the casita with Bruno, letting go of his hand. You slightly pushed him towards his family as they gasped. Julieta and Pepa ran towards him and embraced him and clung to him. You sighed a sigh of relief when they seemed happily surprised. 

 Bruno gave apologies all around to everyone, but they were just happy to see their brother again after probably years and years of waiting. You were a little mad because he didn't need to apologize to anyone really, but you thought rather better not to say it.

 You heard distanced voices singing in a harmony which seemed to be coming from the village. You and the others turned around, looking to see who they were. 

 You saw hundreds of citizens, people, walking towards the casita, holding building materials. They came closer and closer, coming into the remains of the walls within the casita. they started working on the house, helping to rebuild it before your own eyes. You were given a shovel by one of the townspeople, and saw that everyone including the Madrigals were working together as a family again. So, you got to work. 

 And after weeks of working, you all  finally did it. 

 Standing before you was the beautiful casita, tall and colorful as it could possibly be. You took a deep breath in, admiring the work everyone had done.

 In the corner of your eye, you could see Mirabel and a small group of people at what seemed to be the door. You walked over, getting infant of the crowd. Mirabel had a doorknob in hand, studying it. She moved towards the door, and snapped it in place, making a clicking noise.

 The door illuminated, just like it did when Antonio got his gift. The door was revealing a picture of all the Madrigals, with Mirabel in the center.

 The doors opened, leading into the main room of the house, shoving everyone in. You gasped as you were pushed inside by the casita's magic, almost stumbling over.

...

 Music loudly played as people danced in celebration. This was truly the perfect night. 

 " Everyone! Let's get a picture!" Someone shouted over all the other people. You walked over to where they were talking the picture, looking over at the family.

 " Hey Y/N! Care to join us?" Mirabel asked as Dolores nodded her head. 

 You nodded and walked over, slightly taken aback that she would ask you that. The camera flashed in your eyes, blinding you for a split second. The floor began to squish everyone together, and everyone was falling over. Yet, this was the most happy moment of your life.

 AN: Just to say, I'm not going to stop writing this story, and I'm going to continue writing. And thank everyone for 10k reads! A new chapter will be coming up hopefully soon!