Chapter 10

" So, are you in for it?" You asked.

 " Of course you can use my room!" Antonio said, smiling. Gosh, that happiness he radiated was so darn contagious!

 " Thanks, Bud." Bruno said, tugging at his head to conceal his face in the casita. No one was in sight, but y'all couldn't take any chances.

 Mirabel, Bruno and you along with Antonio rushed to his room, making sure to be discreet and quiet. You got to his door, and opened it. 

 Greeting you was the familiar jungle-like interior that you saw on the night that Antonio got his gift. You all started towards the trees, you looking in amazement at all the scenery.

 It got tiring after you walked all the way up to where you were going to do the weird " future-seeing" ritual.

 " So, how does this work exactly? You asked, while Bruno was pouring weird sand on the floor.

 " Yeah, we kinda need to hurry this." Mirabel spoke up.

 "  You cannot hurry the future!" Bruno said, chuckling to himself. 

  He sat down as soon as he was done with setting up the ritual, you three sitting on the floor, while Antonio had gone away to do some Madrigal Family Duties or something.

 Bruno lit a match and placed onto a pile of leaves in front of him, burning a stick and lighting up the piles of sand as well. There was a sudden breeze that made you shudder at the back of your spine, going all the way down your body. His eyes turned a glowing green as he locked hands with Mirabel and you. While taking a deep breath, the sand around you was rising, glowing with a green light. It hovered around you, making a dome shape.

 The vision then started to play out. The candle fell, Encanto's hills erupting and splitting before your very eyes. The towns people crying out in anger that their home was being destroyed.Félix, grabbing Antonio as his door nearly misses him, taking a tumble.

 And then Mirabel, standing next to the Casita, the vision shifting images from it being cracked and destroyed, to it standing tall and uncracked.

 " Auh- it's just the same thing, I gotta stop!" He said, hunching over, clenching his head in anger.

 " Wait, there has to be something we're not seeing!" You said, gripping his hand tighter. You gave him a smile." We've come too far to turn back know, we have to keep going." 

 He looked at you with eyes that seemed like peace at a time where there couldn't possibly be any. He gave a quick smile back, disappearing when Mirabel spoke up again, turning his head towards her.

 " There! Right there! There seems to be some type of yellow bug!" Mirabel pointed, interrupting the moment.

 You looked to see where she was pointing, seeing a goldish butterfly flying onto a blade of grass.

 " Where is that?" You asked. How could you find out what to do if you didn't know where to go?

 " It's all out of order!" Bruno said as the scene switched to the candle. "  It's the candle! The candle's getting brighter! I think you can help the candle!"

 Mirabel moved across in the vision as it played out. A person came near her, inching towards her.

 " There's someone with you! And you- and you fight her! " Bruno  said, raising his fists up in the air as a punching motion.

 " What?!"

 " Wait is that a hug?" You said, extending your neck.

 " Am I fighting or hugging?!" Mirabel said with a distraught tone in her voice.

 They both moved towards each other, embracing in the end. although it would be entertaining if Mirabel had to fight her.

  " An embrace! to save the miracle you must embrace someone!" He said. 

 " But who is she embracing?" You said, breaking focus with the vision and facing to look at him.

 Bruno took a shrug, and faced back at the vision. It was moving towards the mysterious person, giving more detail every second that passed. At that point everyone was feeling that this was dragging on for too long, waiting for the moment when it would be revealed. 

 Isabela appeared on the screen, tossing her hair over her shoulder in a "prima donna" type of way. You could kinda see why Mirabel hated her sister so much. You looked over to her, and saw that she was fuming at this. She pretty much looked like she wanted to murder somebody, practically growling.

 ...

 " Why her though? Everything always has to be about her!" Mirabel raged.

 " Mirabel?"

 " She's always like, ' Look at me, I'm so pretty and I can shoot flowers out of myself!'"

 " Um- Mirabel-" 

 " And she isn't even that cute. I mean-" 

  " Mirabel!" Bruno shouted over her voice, instantly resorting back into his hunched position." Oh- I'm sorry I just think that you should just- get past all this. She is your sister after all, and the fate of Encanto depends on you. This might be hard, but you need to at least try, Mirabel!" Bruno said, still hiding behind his plant pot. 

 " Are you coming with me?" Mirabel said, quiet so that no one would hear.

 " Oh no. Not at all," Bruno said, moving over to a nearby painting and getting up." I can't do that. It was your vision Mirabel, not mine!" He waved his hands in a " mystical" way.

 " You're afraid Abuela will see you, right?" Mirabel stated, quirking an eyebrow at him.

 " Yeah, uh yes also that." Bruno said, getting up and moving towards the painting and opening it up like a secret door. " Hey, when you fix this, promise you won't for get me?" 

 " When I fix this, I'm taking you home." 

 At that, Bruno smiled softly and locked eyes with you for a dangling moment. Something in you shifted, but you didn't know what. You smiled back, not letting go of his gaze for one second. 

 " Knock knock knock, knock on wood!" he said, facing the painting, and knocking on it, before holding his breath and crossing his fingers. Then he fell in.

 You didn't know how to feel at this moment. Had he just fell into an abyss, in a painting? You looked at Mirabel, who was staring at you.

 " What?" You inquired, wondering if something was wrong.

 " Nothing." She said, smiling with malicious intent. You wondered what was wrong with her. 

 " Anyways, I think I'm going to head home now. Tell me when you fix the miracle, so maybe we can celebrate or something." You leaned in close to her to giver her a quick hug.

" Good luck."