Chapter 3

* Authors Note*: To clear up some things, this chapter is Y/N going to Antonio's party where he receives his gift! Thank you, and enjoy the chapter!

 The next day was a blur. A stressful surreal blur. All you could think about was the ceremony that would follow that night. Would their family like you? How would you even approach them? You pushed these sort of questions down into your head and tried to not let them invade your mind and branch off into new questions.

 It didn't work.

 You had spent the 1 and a half hours getting ready and preparing for the night. You also had memorized some topics to avoid and some topics to DEFINITELY avoid. By the time it was 6:55, you were on the verge of quitting and not going.

  Just then when you heard a ring at the door, you scurried to the mirror and fixed yourself in your reflection. After 10 seconds of messing with your hair and readjusting your clothes, you swung the door open, and were met with Dolores and Mirabel, beaming with pleasure. Not so much like you, as you were fighting to catch your breath and faking a smile.

 " Hey! Are you ready? We've got a big party going on and we wouldn't want you to miss in on it!" Mirabel said, while nodding her shoulders at Dolores. 

 I nodded, and we headed out into the center of the town, where their casita was. I had never seen the house before, but wow. 

 It was beautiful.

...

 Entering the casita felt so weird. All the people in there were celebrating and partying like there was no tomorrow. Everyone seemed to be laughing and telling life stories. Everyone seemed to be friends with one another, like they've known each other for a thousand years.

 You were quickly introduced to the woman from your first day at Encanto, who controlled the weather. Her name was Pepa, and she seemed very on edge about everything being perfect. Alongside her, I learned was her husband Félix who calmed her down and was the father of Dolores.

 Next, was Antonio and Camilo. Camilo was a big flirt, and could shape shift into different people. Antonio, was about to get his gift tonight. They were both the sons of Pepa and Félix.

 Then came along Isabela, Luisa, Julieta, and Agustín. The first pair were Mirabel's sisters. Isabela could create flowers, and Luisa was abnormally strong. The next pair were their parents, Julieta could heal people with food, again one of the people you saw on your first day here, and Agustín was her husband who was incredibly accident prone.

 If this was a familia trivia I wouldn't be surprised.

...

 The party only grew moment by moment. Not long after, the ceremony was about to begin. You hadn't known anything about the ceremony since it wasn't that long of a walk to Mirabel's from your house. You just knew that Antonio would walk to a door and get a gift.

 The ceremony began with an old looking stern lady ( Who you assumed to be the infamous abuela) holding a candle. She gave a short speech about the history of the tradition, and then signaled for Antonio to walk up the stairs leading to the door, where Pepa and Félix were standing.

 You looked over to Antonio, to see that he looked off. He was staring at something behind the curtains and whispering. You couldn't make out what he was saying, but seconds later a figure of Mirabel came out of the shadows and into the light. She stood there for a few seconds blankly staring at the crowd before her. She and Antonio took steps forward one by one. Inching closer and closer to the door. The closer they got, the more time seemed to slow down. 

 They got to the final steps of the stairs and Mirabel let go of Antonio, standing by his parents. He reached for the candle, and swore an oath. You weren't too sure what they were talking about, since your heart was pounding in your ears. You didn't know why you were so nervous, you had met this family in less than a few hours ago. But the adrenaline was pumping through your head right now.

 He reached for the door, and it illuminated so bright I could barely stare in awe. But I did anyways. The door began to be sketched out with a drawing on the door. Suddenly a colorful bird emerged from the opening of the roof of the house.

 It squawked as it landed on Antonio's arm, cocking its head to i's left. Antonio mirrored  the strange birds movements. 

" Yeah yeah, I understand you!" He said, nodding. They seemed to talk more when more creatures flew in. Some even came through the front door, going near peoples legs.

 Everyone came in to Antonio's room as he opened it. Some " Oooh's" and " Ahh's" as people flooded in. The room was much bigger on the inside, and there were trees everywhere you saw. The main tree housed dozens of lights and places for rooms. 

 A Jaguar came running in and threw Antonio up in the air, catching him as he sped off towards the tree. The tiger leapt across branch to branch. Waterfalls stretched over, and he slid through them with ease.

 After a while, the tiger came running back to the entrance, letting Antonio to his parents. Everyone was in such a good mood, you thought to your self if anyone would notice if you snuck out. 

 You decided that you were tired after all, and went over the loud crowd, into the entrance to the casita. The air outside was fresh and had a good smell. You could still hear the roaring noise of the crowd, but now it was less and you could at least hear the crickets. The lovely noise of nothingnesses surrounded your ears when you had walked far enough.

 You wondered on the streets, when you found a lovely trail. It wouldn't hurt to go, since everyone had been at Antonio's gift ceremony. And plus, who would be on this trail anyways?