The silence was very loud and both of us stood there just staring at each other , "Let me just change into something and i'll be right out" I told him which i'm glad I did because he just nodded and left. I close my door slowly and rewind of what just happened , I closed my eyes and thought what will all this change of happen. My mind was so lost I forgot I needed to change , I quickly put on a sweatshirt with some light blue jeans & a low ponytail since I didn't want to do much. I checked myself in the mirror and saw that I looked decent , once I was out the door Stefan was sitting on the sofa reading a book again. I coughed to get his attention which did and looked up , he stood and came towards me. The energy was off and odd "Where's Elena?" I asked and he sigh "She ran off after what she heard last night with you and my brother".

My heart dropped.

"What- what do you mean?" I asked confused since I remember using the silencing charm. Stefan looked at me as more confused then me "We heard everything Hermione." I gulped and looked down at my hands fidgeting. "I used a charm to silence the room how is that possible?" I looked back up at him to see that I was trying to figure it out. "Anything is possible here Hermione" Stefan stated. My eyes looked at his confused and he spoke before I could even ask him. "We should get going" he said and I just nodded walking towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked "Somewhere i've never taken anyone before" Stefan said , I smiled "Alright then , who's driving?". He chuckled "Theres no need for that , just hop on my back" he knelt down to my height "Oh we are not doing this again" I wined knowing I hated doing this. "Come on Hermione we've done this before just come on" Stefan kept telling me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath , my hand placed on his shoulder and I slowly climbed on. His hands went on my thighs and grabbed them tight , "Now this might take a little bit longer but just trust me" Stefan told me , I nodded and grabbed onto him and we were out.

25 minutes later,

We appeared at an opening with just fields and at least two trees there , kinda odd I thought. Stefan placed me down and I looked around to admire how beautiful it actually looked. "What is this place" I asked stunned , Stefan walked ahead of me with his hands in this pockets also admiring it. "This used to be where me and Damon came to have alone time when our parents got mad at one an other." he told me. My face felt like it just became relaxed for the first time in a long time , this place made me feel.. alive. "Have you been here recently?" I asked him, Stefan's lip twitched up into a small smile and turned to face me "Not since 1860" my eyes widen. "Come on I want to show you this" he started waking and I followed.

We came upon one of the trees that was there , poor thing looked done. "This tree is where we used to come and talk about our life's and what we wanted to do" Stefan explained while looking at the tree knowing the memories were coming back to him. "It's so old" I spoke up , "Yep but it's still standing" he went around it as if looking for something. Once he spotted whatever he made me come over to it "Me and Damon put our initials here hoping once we got with the people that made us happy , they could also put their initial right underneath ours." He explained and I looked back at the tree to where two things were craved on it "S.S & D.S" , my fingers traced the outlines of the wood. "Maybe Damon could put his already" I stiffened and looked back at him giving him a nervous smile , I shook my head "You never know what could happen Stefan , it's to early". He just nodded and walked away not knowing what to do.

Once I caught up to him I placed my hand on his shoulder to slow down and stop "Stefan is everything alright?" I asked him worried since he's been off since this morning. Stefan looked at me trying to figure out what to say , and so he did "Elena knows about you and Damon Stefan" my eyes slowly widen while he continued "Hermione. Elena will do anything in her power even if it means hurting you to get him back." Now my mind was confused , why would she want Damon if she has Stefan right here? "Stefan I-" he cut me off by grabbing both of my hands into his and looked me in the eyes. "I won't let her hurt you. Yes you have Damon but Elena is full of surprises and will do whatever it takes." I nodded trying to even process the bits of things he told me , "Hey" he put his hand on my cheek making me look up to him "Damon knows this already." Stefan closed his eyes slowly as if he wasn't meant to tell me this.

"What do you mean?" I felt some sort of anger rushing through me. Stefan sigh "This morning before you woke, Damon and Elena got into a huge argument about her and him. I'm guessing Damon let out the fact you guys were something and she let herself out and said all these things." I looked down at the grass not knowing what to say , "Where is she?" he shook his head "I don't know , but I have a feeling she's planning something bad and if it does come to that then we have to be prepared." I shook my head in agreement "I agree , but what would we do?" I asked curious "Right now we wait."

I didn't know what to do or why this was happening again , over a guy? reminds me almost as when Lavender was fighting over me about Ron.

Me and Stefan spent another hour there talking but once it hit lunch time we decided to head back home , on the way back we grabbed some burgers from the grill since we somewhat skipped breakfast a little. "Damon! are you back?!" I yelled walking in through the door with Stefan behind me "Look at the two love birds finally arrived" , I turned to spot Damon laying on the couch writing in that journal again. "Haha funny" Stefan said sarcastically , I shot him and smile while he winked. "Damon can I have a word with you upstairs please" everything felt like it became silent and just dead. Damon looked up from the couch with his eyes looking as if they came out of it's socket very confused , "Uh yea of course" he smiled nervously getting up and walking towards me.

"Anything wrong?" he asked , I looked at him wanting to say yes but scared to. "No No just want to talk about something" I smiled at him , "Uhuh" Damon looked behind me and I turned to see Stefan and him looking at one an other. My back returned to face Stefan and looked up at Damon still looking at him , "Let's go then shall we?" he said grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs. I turned to look at Stefan and he gave me the look and I nodded , once we were in my room Damon went straight to the window as he always does. "What's this you want to talk about Hermione?" I sigh and walked to sit in the edge of the bed looking at him , "Stefan told me what happened Damon" I shot it right out.

He froze and turned his head halfway and then all the way to face me , "Look-" I cut him off. "I've been in war like this. You don't have to worry about me being in trouble with her , I just need you to trust me on this." I explained to him. At this point he didn't know what to say and just looked at me but then he spoke up "Elena is capable of many things you know" just what Stefan told me , my mind thought , "We don't know what she will try to do but I will be here to stop it from happening , we just might need someone we know can fight off anything or anyone in a heartbeat." Damon said and that got me thinking but then I knew exactly who could help. "Klaus" I said out loud.

Klaus

My stomach turned in hurt wondering about how he's been of feeling after everything that has happened between us , I looked up to meet Damon's eyes "Yea. Klaus" he said it with so much disgusted almost. "Damon if you don't like the idea I understand really" he shook his head "No No Klaus he's a good one , everyone's scared of him except me of course" I rolled my eyes and smiled , "When should we let him know?" by this time I was laying on the headboard with heavy eyes while he was still standing by the window looking at me. "In three weeks. That's enough time she would even plan something" I nodded taking a deep breath and looking up at the ceiling. "I never thought coming to this town would cause all of this to happen" my voice sounded tired.

I finally felt Damon lay beside me and pull me in his arms , I laid on his chest and closed my eyes "Just know i'll be right here through it all" Damon said , I smiled hoping it was true.

Sometimes making mistakes makes you finally find something you wanted , even if it hurts some people you'll eventually find someone.

Damon.

A/N: Helloooo!! I finally finished this chapter & I kinda just gave up towards the end because I just wanted to post this one already haha. I cant promise you guys the next chapter but it'll be up :) , let's hope you guys somewhat enjoyed this chapter🫶🏼 .

Love ,
Gisselle x .