17. Relationship Drama

Start from the beginning

Sean asked "Where are you going after this?"

Ciara said "I have not decided yet. I might go to the library or I might go to one of the early morning clubs..."

Sean asked "What sort of club do you normally attend here?"

Ciara said "It depends on what's on for the day..."

Sean asked "I come too."

Ciara shrugged "Come then."

*****

It was after school and the bell had just gone. Sean found Ciara outside her class and said "Hey. How was your day?" She was not surprised to see him. He had told her father he would use every opportunity to follow her around school and he was fine with it. Frankly she did not care. He could follow her around and talk all he wanted. She hoped he would get tired of it  at some point. She had patience.

She said "It was ok..."

Sean asked "Where are you headed now?"

She said "To my locker..."

Sean said "I come..."

She said "Fine."

Sean followed her. She sighed as she saw how the crowd parted ways as recognition of who was following Ciara was registering on their faces. Sean had a reputation. No one wanted to be in his way or in the way of his girl. The news had spread fast that who she belonged to. Before they respected Ciara but she was friendly with everyone. Her and Connor were not ones to throw their authority around and beat people up for when they did not like how they looked at them or anything like that. They could. But they did not.

Sean asked "Where were you at lunch time. I could not find you anywhere?"

Ciara was about to respond but then spotted Connor coming towards them and he did not seem happy.  She whispered "Here we go again... For the love of god."

Connor walked to Sean and stood in front of him "Keep your distance. You are standing too close to my sister."

Ciara rolled her eyes "Look. Connor I am not a damsel in distress. He did nothing but talk to me today... Leave it... Why can't you be civil with him when he has not wronged you in any way..."

Connor said "Sean... If I hear you have done anything but talk to her..."

Sean said "I will only talk to her. Nothing else... I would be careful with what threats you throw my way... I will throw it back at you..."

Connor stared down Sean...

Ciara said  "Connor. Stop it. Ok. I am right here. I have no problem with Sean talking to me..."

Connor said while looking at Sean "You think you are smart... Do you? Asking my sister out knowing there is no way anyone else now can come forward to ask her out because of you."

Sean said "Other guys can come and ask your sister out.. But they have to face me. What is your problem with me Connor?"

Connor said "You are my problem. Hitting on my baby sister... Now she is known to belong to a McNab. An undeserving one too."

Sean said "I am warning you Connor. Do not push me..."

Connor said "What if I do?"

Sean said "Then I might push back... harder..."

Connor said "Great. So we do have an understanding. How about this? Let's go to the boxing club right now. I could use a new warm up partner for today."

Sean said "With pleasure."

As the boys were about to move, Ciara said "No. Do not dare move. Neither of you are fighting because of me..." She turned to Connor " He has done nothing but talk. So you should not fight him when he has done nothing wrong..." She then turned to Sean "And you... do not threaten my brother... I do not like it." She turned to Connor "Now go to your boxing club. You do not want to be late. Your coach may not say anything but we both know father checks your school attendance reports. He would be wondering why you slipped up on your punctuality that is always a perfect score along with most of your other grades."