Book 2 chapter 69

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay, Alessia?" I ask her when I see her looking well not her best, she looks rather pained.

She looks at me, "yeah, just a little stomach ache. I'm feeling a little fatigue, nothing to worry about" she says smiling.

I nod skeptically, "if you can't take it anymore, tell me and we'll go to the doctor." I tell her.

"Val, I'm okay I promise, no need to go to a doctor" she says hurriedly.

I nod giving her a reassuring smile.

I know she hates doctors, well she doesn't hate them, she's just scared of them but if she's really in serious bad pain than I will take her.

Soon we arrive at school where prom is being held in the gymnasium.

We step out of the limousine before we walk arm in arm or hand around waist and more- to the door through this amazing construction of lights.

The second we walk inside I can already see some people looking at us, scared but also some who are drunk looking more at ease around us than normal

Roman and I continue to walk further inside and soon we start to dance

———

Even now that I'm pressed up against sweaty dancing people- I can't help it but have fun with them.

I met Alessia's friend, he made it to the dance running.

He's a nice guy, they look happy together so that's good.

A more sensual song comes up from the dj so Roman quickly embraces me just as the other couples in this room do.

We start slow dancing while talking, "this is really nice" I say with my head leaning against Roman's chest.

He nods as he presses a kiss to my head, "it is" he agrees.

He holds me by my waist and his other hand is intertwined with mine.

"Ro?"

"Mhm" he hums acknowledging while having his face more in the crook of my neck but by him being tall and me shorter than him, he can't fully put his head in there.

"I-..I think I'm ready" I tell him.

He looks a little confused for a second but when he realizes what I'm talking about do his eyes widen slightly.

"You are?" He asks.

"Mhm, yeah I think I am" I tell him, "are you?" I ask him.

He nods his head, "yeah, I am too."

I nod smiling, "that's good" I say while putting my head back in his chest.

He hugs me slightly closer and groans annoyed when the song ends and a more heavy, jumpy, partying song comes on.

————

It's late at night and prom is getting to an end.

Students have been leaving since half an hour ago, just like our friends.

Only slow music is on now and only a number of couples you can count on your fingers are still here enjoying the time in each other's hold just a little longer, including Roman and I.

My feet hurt from standing and partying in these heals all evening but even though that hurts, I stay here with Roman.

More and more couples leave and eventually Roman and I leave too.

We go back in the limousine, on our own now and drive back to my house.

"Tonight was really fun" Roman says smiling.

"It was, definitely with all those beautiful lights" I agree

"Yeah, it was like-..."

"Magic" I finish his sentence.

"Yeah" he agrees still bewildered by everything.

I snuggle further into his arms while kicking my heals off.

I groan relieved now that the pressure is off of my feet.

This doesn't make my feet feel so much better though.

They ache and hurt when I move them.

"You okay?" Ro asks.

"Yeah, my feet just hurt" I tell him, "I shouldn't have have partied with them on" I continue.

"I'll give you a foot massage when we're home" he says gently while pressing a kiss on the side of my head.

"Ro-" I laugh a little, "-you don't have to give me a foot massage" I tell him.

Feet are gross.

They smell and they're feet.

I can't explain it, they're just gross.

"Well that's too bad because I'm still going to do it and your feet will feel beter by the end of tonight" he says confidently before we chance the subject as we continue to go home.