Surprise Suprise- (Revin)

(A valentines special for the ship that reveals another one of my main oc's for an upcoming book!)

(This is sort of a spin off from the previous oneshots 'An Uncertain Future')

-

For Devin it was a quiet day so far.

He'd gifted chocolate to Ech just earlier and now he was comfortably sitting at home.

A box of untouched raspberry sprinkled donuts sat infront of him.

To put it simple.. he stayed up to personally make the sweets for his boyfriend, so he was pretty tired at the moment.

When a bird had flown by just outside the window, the front door had opened and he looked over.

"What're you doing all cooped up in here?" His lover had asked, shutting the door behind him.

He walked over, sitting beside Devin.

"Well I was out earlier." The mage had remembered. "But I'm tired, so I came back in here."

His voice had been faint like so it worried the Guildleader.

"Then you should sleep." He whispered, pulling on a blanket that was just nearby.

Devin smiled ever so slightly when he was finally bundled up in the warm fabric.

It made Ritchie chuckle, and replay the adorable action in his head over and over again.

He let out a short sigh and glanced around the home for a second just to calm his thoughts, and spotted the delicious treats.

"What's with the sprinkled donuts?" He asked the other. "A new recipe you're trying out?"

Yawning, Devin mumbled a response. "I made them for you.."

"For Valentines Day." He added.

Grateful, Ritchie picked out one of the prized donuts from the box and bit into it.

The sweet flavor filled his mouth and he drooled just a little, a bright light behind his eyes.

He took his time eating the treat, and when he was done, he wiped his hands clean with a cloth and leaned back.

Devin moved closer to the warmth of the Devil Slayer, laying his head against his shoulder.

Calm, Ritchie let the smaller one get close and even wrapped an arm around him.

They planned to spend their precious time together just cuddling.

But their rather sweet moment ended up being cut short by the sudden aura that drowned the room.

A portal opened up and quickly closed when a stranger stumbled through.

He was a 'brunette', with blue eyes- and he had a terrible bruise on his face.

Scaring Devin half to death, the mage had jumped off of his spot on the couch, Ritchie following right after.

"Wh-who the heck are you?!" He had asked, a confused look on his face.

"Ah Crud-"

Ritchie had silenced the stranger by quickly blinking behind him.

He held the teenagers hands behind his back and he immediately struggled.

"Let go." He grumbled.

From the sideline, Devin could clearly tell that the boy was annoyed.. so he tried to help.

"Uh Ritchie- maybe you should just-"

Glass had suddenly shattered and a loud groan echoed through the room.

Letting the boy go, Ritchie winced and held the side of his head.

Blood had started to cover his hand and Devin almost immediately rushed to his aid.

"Are you okay?!"

"I'm okay.." Ritchie mumbled.

His voice was tight and Devin slowly rubbed his arm in an attempt to comfort him, remembering their conversation just yesterday.

"Remember our breathing." He quietly reminded.

Ritchie was ticked off, but he took a breath and slowly.. the anger faded away.

"I wasn't expecting to show up here of all places.." the stranger suddenly mumbled.

"I'm sorry- but who are you again?" Devin repeated, focusing on the literal intruder.

"My identity will be revealed to you soon." The stranger replied.

"How soon." Ritchie chimed in, glaring.

The teenager hummed, glancing around the home before shooting a guess. "In a about five years or so?"

The two were a little startled as they responded in unison. "Five years." They repeated.

"Or four." He corrected, thinking.

In the middle of his thoughts, the portal he came through suddenly appeared once more and he stepped through without hesitation.

Before his departure though, he waved goodbye to the red mage and gave the Devil Slayer a nasty glare.

The two stood there for a moment, without a single sound playing in the background.

All they could think about was the weird situation that just occurred.

Eventually Ritchie had made a groaning noise again and Devin snapped out of it.

"We should go see Master Boshi." The mage had whispered, already guiding the other to the exit.

"How did he even do that..?" Ritchie whispered.

"I have no idea.." Devin responded, the door closing just behind them.

-end.

(Meet Cosmos, a teenager with an angsty childhood.)

(Happy Valentines Day everyone

(Happy Valentines Day everyone. 🧡 I'm very tired.)