"That's good," smiled Mamoru.

"Glad to see you smiling again, Ami," agreed Harusuke. Then he suddenly remembered looking at his watch. "Say, you want to get going to study hall? We can walk to Rei's place together."

"No, you can go on ahead of me, Harusuje," said Ami. "I think I'm going to go for a swim in the pool for a bit. So I'll meet you over there. Bye."

And with that, Ami scampered away.

"Wish she could see what we see, Harusuke," commented Mamoru. "Ami's got a strong inner glow already."

"She sure does," agreed Harusuke. "Especially when she's smiling."

But unknown to them at the time, Kaolinite had been watching them from afar, and she had her gaze solely fixed on Ami.

"So, that girl is the well-known genius, Ami Mizuno," Kaolinite thought to herself. "With her brilliance as well as her dream of wanting to be a doctor, she surely must possess a pure heart filled with confidence, and perhaps a talisman as well."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Ami soon arrived at the public pool and had changed into a sky blue one-piece swimsuit. The place was empty without a single soul around, but Ami didn't mind it.

"Since there's no one around, guess I have the pool all to myself."

First, Ami dipped her feet into the water and splashed some on herself to help her get used to the temperature. Then she slipped into the water, going underneath the surface, and started to swim towards the middle of the pool and even did a couple of turns and flips while she did it. Whenever she swam in the water like this, Ami felt so serene and free, like she was in her natural home.

But as she swam around, Ami didn't realize that she wasn't alone. Someone else was swimming in the water, not too far away from her. That, someone, was Michiru.

When Michiru saw Ami swimming, even she couldn't help but feel impressed.

"She looks so alive in the water," Michiru thought to herself. "She almost reminds me of myself."

Michiru then started towards Ami, gracefully swimming as she went. Ami soon noticed Michiru, and when she saw her, she was amazed.

"She looks so beautiful," Ami thought. "And graceful, too, like a mermaid."

The two then swam up to the surface, feeling their lungs wanting air.

"Hello there," Ami greeted.

"You're a pretty good swimmer," Michiru complimented. "You must have lived in a water world in your past life."

Ami felt her cheeks redden, not expecting such a compliment, not saying a word.

Michiru then swam up to Ami, a teasing grin tugging her cheeks. "Why don't we race? From here to the wall."

At that moment, Haruka seemed to appear from out of nowhere, standing outside of the pool. "Ready? On your mark...!"

Ami felt overwhelmed and swept away, but she got ready to race as she and Michiru got ready.

"Go!" Haruka shouted.

At Haruka's call, Ami and Michiru took off swimming, both swimmings going as fast as they could. The two were neck and neck, neither losing momentum nor falling behind.

"She's faster than I expected!" Michiru thought.

The two swam, and they swam until the two reached the other side of the pool, touching the concrete simultaneously.