"Yo, Ami."

Ami looked up, and she saw Harusuke coming up to her. "Oh, hi, Harusuke," she said. "What are you doing here?"

"That's my line," said Harusuke. "Shouldn't you be over at Rei's place for study hall?"

"Well, yes, but," said Ami. "I just... needed some time for a bit."

Harusuke could see that Ami was feeling blue, and he knew the reason, but then, before he could say anything else, Mamoru came walking up.

"Hey there, you two," Mamoru greeted. "Any particular reason you both are out here by yourselves? Is something wrong?"

Harusuke wanted to tell Mamoru about what the vice principal had said, but he felt it wasn't his place to talk about it.

"Come on, you guys can tell me," urged Mamoru. "If there's anything on your mind, talking about it will make you feel better."

There were a few seconds of silence until, at last, Ami spoke up.

"Mamoru, Harusuke, is getting good grades all I have going for me?"

"What do you mean?" puzzled Mamoru.

Ami then shook her head. "I'm sorry. That was a strange thing to ask," she said. "I've just been thinking about my future, is all. When I was a little girl, I've always wanted to be a doctor, just like my mother. So, I put my head down and studied hard without giving it a second thought until now. I've always thought that was my dream, but now I'm not sure if that's what I want to do after all."

"Why wouldn't be?" asked Mamoru.

"Because I want to follow my life's dream," said Ami, as she gazed up towards the sky. "But I'm not sure if I even have one."

"Why would you say something like that, Ami?" Harusuke asked. "I say wanting to be a doctor is an inspiring dream to follow."

"That may be so, Harusuke, but I've noticed that there are some people who are passionate about their dreams," said Ami. "And they have a strong inner glow to them. Usagi is full of dreams, and she shines just like the Moon. I don't even come close to that."

Mamoru and Harusuke frowned.

"I'll admit that Usako has more than her share of dreams," Mamoru said. "But..."

"You do realize you're talking about the girl who constantly complains about studying," added Harusuke. "And for that matter, isn't as passionate about things like you think she does."

"Anyway, just because I'm a good student doesn't mean I'll be a great doctor," continued Ami. "If all I have going for me is studying only, what else is left?"

There was a slight pause. Then Harusuke spoke up.

"Well, that's quite a shame then," Harusuke spoke teasingly. "Because if I had a doctor that was as kind, sweet, and cute as you, Ami, I wouldn't have to worry about my shots when I go in to get them."

Ami looked up at Harusuke, quite taken aback. "Harusuke, you're afraid of needles?"

"Well, it's not that I'm afraid of them exactly," Harusuke spoke, scratching his cheek. "But I can't say that I like them either."

"Same with me," said Mamoru. "I can't stand them."

Ami stared at the two boys. Then she began to giggle a bit.

"Oh? You think that's funny?" Mamoru chuckled.

"Yes, I thought you two were the typical brave and strong men who aren't afraid of anything," Ami laughed. "But, I guess everyone is scared of something." She then stood up, feeling much more cheerful. "Thanks a lot. I feel a lot better after talking to you two."