𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘵

"𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍, 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝. 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚒𝚗." — 𝘾. 𝙅𝙤𝙮𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝘾.

Trees lose their leaves every winter, but they somehow find their way back to spring. Like the sun finds its way back after a storm. And when a person dies, a new baby is born. And life carries on. And...

Nothing. 

Just plain nothing. 

Because that didn't matter to Amber. The life goes on part. It meant nothing to her. That's why she paused her whole life. The new start she was going to have in New York. Her education. There was no moving on when she didn't know what her next step was. Her next step was hidden somewhere away from her. She was lost in a world she barely recognised. 

And that very night, she was lost in New York. In the apartment she had spent the last few months. In the bathroom. Crying under the shower. Because she had taken a turn that night, a turn into that unknown world she was living. The world she was lost in. 

And Mark back in Seattle was trying to reach her for the past five hours. But there was no answer back. 

"Amber please answer your phone." He left the fifth voicemail as he was rushing in the hospital, too stressed about what was happening in Seattle, too paranoid about what was happening to Amber in New York. 

To Amber who's tears had became one with the water. And the only thing that could be heard was the slapping sound of the heavy flow, falling down the tub, with Amber's body blocking some of it.

It was only two days after Amber had announced that she was suspending her studies, until... well that was unknown. And it was only two days later that she found herself in the airport with Mark beside her, Iris in her arms and Sam in the the stroller. She was flying back to New York to get her things. Some important stuff she needed in Seattle. Because she had promised Mark that she was going to continue her studies, she just needed more time.