𝘚𝘪𝘹: 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦

"𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚟𝚊𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗– 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗." — 𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙇'𝙀𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚

It took Amber few hours to pack her stuff and fly back to Seattle, her home. Mark was surprised to see her back so soon, but he didn't question it, not when Iris ran up to her sister, with a big smile on her face.

"How are you sweetie?" Amber span her sister around making her giggle. She placed a big kiss on her cheek before placing her back on the floor. "Is Mark taking care of you?"

Iris looked at her dad who was sitting on the couch. She tried to climb up him lap, and Mark pulled her up. "He's a good boy." Iris said and patted his chest, as his head was out of her reach. 

Mark and Amber burst into laughter when the words left the toddler's mouth. Iris was getting older and bigger and more talkative than before. She also had a smart mouth, but that only proved that she was Natalie's daughter. 

"I am a good boy?" Mark questioned his daughter. 

"Yes, daddy. I love you." Iris rested her head on Mark's chest and attempted to wrap her small arms around his torso for a hug. Mark lifted her up and hugged her tightly, like she was his whole world. And his kids were his whole world.

"I love you too little bug." Mark told her. "Come on sleeping beauty time!" He announced, meaning it was time for bed.

"Can Amby do it?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes, showing that she was getting tired. She let out a big yawn and closed her eyes, resting her head on mark's chest. 

"I can do it. Although, you should know that mom would be really against Iris being a fan of a princess. She always said that those stories only feed us with lies and that a woman does not need a man to save her."

"She's almost three. She likes it and you know your mother is not here to do anything about it." Mark snapped as let Amber take Iris upstairs. Mark wasn't sure why he got so upset over what Amber said. He just kept feeling that he did everything wrong with his kids. And it was like Amber's words reminded him that. Not that Amber did any of that on purpose. But both of them were still quietly suffering. 

Mark was lying in bed every night and she was not there next to him. He pretended all day, and while he was with Iris and Sam he was actually happy. But the night was there to remind him of what he had lost. Who he had lost. 

And Amber, Amber was losing part of her everyday, more and more and she knew that nothing was going to save her but herself.

"Um, let's go Iris." Amber took her sister in her embrace and tried not to seem fazed by Mark's words. "You want to go and say goodnight to little Sam?" She asked her as she walked up the stairs.