Chapter XXXX

ODD

Prachi sat on her bed, fiddling with the hem of her palazzo as the Doctor explained her medicine timing and dosage. She could have burst out in laughter at the look of rapt attention on Ranbir's look if they were alone. But they weren't. They were far from alone as Every Single Member was in her room!

Beside her, Shahana sighed for the sixth time since they reached home. That was about half an hour ago.

"What is it?" Prachi discreetly whispered to her.

"They never stepped near your room, and today they are not leaving," Shahana whispered back.

As much as Prachi wanted to chide Shahana, she couldn't help but agree. Noone except Shahana and Piyush was a regular visitor of her room. Aaryan usually just came to check on her or rely on messages. Aarav and Ranbir had just entered about four or five times each. Besides that, no one has ever come to her room. And now, seeing everyone overcrowding her room was super overwhelming.

"Do Not put pressure on that hand," The doctor addressed Prachi, "And make sure to not over-exert yourself, both of you." She added to Shahana as well.

"Thank you, doctor." Vikram said and lead the doctor out.

"Prachi are you okay?" Pragya asked, taking her daughter's hand in her own. "Do you need anything?"

"Umm, Maasi, I think we should let her rest. Right, Prachi?" Shahana added.

"And don't you think that you should rest too?" Purab asked her while Shahana looked on.

"I.. I think everyone should rest." Prachi replied, hoping to have some alone time to think.

Everything that had happened in the last three days was too much for her to wrap her head around. And she desperately wanted to have some alone time to untangle her thoughts.

"That's true. We all should go, freshen up, have some rest." Aarav agreed, and Prachi gave him a grateful look.

Following his words, everyone started walking out of the room and Prachi heaved a relaxed breath.

"Prachi, child, you too change and have some rest, I'll send you something to eat." Pragya cooed sweetly before taking her leave.

As everyone left, Prachi limped over to the door, quickly locking it, and limped back to her bed. She heaved a deep breath to control her heartbeat after all the hobbling she had done. She looked down at her bandaged leg and cast on her left hand and shook her head.

One would have thought that her lifetime quota of injuries must have been filled long ago, but no, look at her now, perfectly unfit.

After gaining a bit of control over her uneven breathing, she stood up to do another round of limping over to her wardrobe. But this time, she could only reach her dresser before she was out of breath. Giving up on the idea of getting to her wardrobe, she leaned against the wooden, white, chest and started rummaging in the drawers to find something comfortable. 

But to her never-ending unfortunate luck, the only piece of clothing she could find, that wouldn't take any external help in wearing, was a nuisance she thought she had gotten rid of.

Filled with anger, she threw the soft fabric on her bed and, fueled by anger, dragged her leg to the wardrobe. She quickly scanned every approachable inch of her vast wardrobe that she could reach without straining her body and, upon finding nothing, banged her good fist into the wall. 

She dejectedly made her way back to her bed, cursing herself for keeping most of her loose clothing on the upper shelf. But she didn't know that those oversized t-shirts would be needed in these early months of the year.