Chapter XIX

I WAS NOT THERE

Once again, the very next day from the horrible incident with Prachi and the revelation of the fact that it was not an accident but the deed of the golden princess of the house Rhea, everyone were gathered in the hall. Well, that 'everyone' consisted of Abhigya, Pallavi, Vikram, Purab, Mitali, Aarav , Piyush, Arhana and Ranbir. Even Rhea was there, everyone seemed to have a kind of weird behavior towards her.

No, like really weird. 

Till morning, they were kind of cold towards her, which was predicted after the little stunt she had pulled out the last day, but after about two hours, when the youngsters have returned from the small walk around the surrounding, they were shocked beyond imagination when they noticed everyone, except Purab and Vikram, behaving soft towards her, almost sympathetic, while she looked at everyone with the most sober expression. Purab and Vikram weren't cold, but they weren't warm either.

It was confusing, but they understood the reason behind the odd change when they noticed Aliya sitting among them with her arm wrapped around Rhea. 

Yup, The Aliya Khanna was back. And in just minutes of coming back, she had played another mind game of her and have manipulated everyone within hearing range. That, thankfully, excluded the younger ones. Though it was debatable if they would have been trapped as they were marginally aware of the boundaries of stupidity and dangerousness Rhea can touch to fulfill her desires.

Coming to present, everyone were talking among themselves when Piyush put up a bowl of colorful chits in the middle of the coffee table. Everyone looked at him questioningly and he announced a "Game Time".

"Okaaayyyy." Abhi agreed before anyone could even process anything.

"Where's Prachi?" Aarav asked and Ranbir frowned at his eagerness.

'What is his problem? Itna to yeh apne sagey bhai ko ni puchta jitna Prachi-Prachi krta rehta hai. Itna agar Bhagwan me dhyaan hota to vo bhi abhi tak khush hoker dharti pe utar aate.' Ranbir thought while glaring at Aarav.

"She is in her room, but.. I don't think she will come. She already agreed reluctantly for going for walk." Shahana explained.

"It's okay, let her have some rest, we can play." Aliya suggested with a sweet voice.

"But, but how can we play without her? She is family." Abhi protested.

"Shahana go and get her, she had been taking enough rest since yesterday. And it is proven that spending time with family is a better cure, both physically and mentally." Aarav said in a polite yet strong tone, looking intently at Aliya, who in turn gave a stiff smile.

"Shahana go.. what are you waiting for? And if she refuse to come, tell her that I will be coming to get her. There is no escape." Aarav said, mixing the chits normally with his hand. 

Shahana was about to cross the hall when Ranbir held her hand and muttered something in her ear, at which Shahana just looked at him for a moment and nodded before leaving and Ranbir heaved a sigh.

"What was that?" Aryan asked discreetly.

"Just requested her to bring Prachi herself. I am in no mood to see him anywhere near Prachi." Ranbir muttered back and Aryan nodded.

Much to Ranbir's relief, Shahana came back pouting with Prachi was following her, a wide grin on her face and Ranbir's mood lifted in record time.

"What is it? What happened?" Aryan asked, observing the girls' expression.

That was all it took for Prachi to burst out laughing. Her soft peels of laughter making everyone smile. It was as if it had a spell that lightened everyone's day.