Chapter VII

PRESENTS

After Prachi rushed out, leaving the room, as well as Ranbir, behind and came into the corridor. A lone tear escaped her eye. When she was sure that she can not hold it in anymore, her legs gave up. She leaned against the wall, her heart wrecking sobs finally breaking free of her lips. But she couldn't let anyone see her in this state, so she stood up. Picking up her broken self in a span of a couple of minutes was something she had mastered in the last month. She started walking again, adjusting her hairs and dress. She came to a halt, nearing the hall, as she heard the voices of her family. She wiped every trace of her small breakdown. Giving herself a last look in the reflection of a glass window of nearby room. She plastered a small smile on her face and turned around the corner to take her place beside Shahana who gave her a questioning look. Prachi just replied with a small smile and Shahana gave her a dissatisfied look, not convinced in the slightest. Fortunately everyone were busy in themselves, as always, so no one paid any heed, neither to the little interaction that passed between them, nor to the exchange of Aryan and recently arrived Ranbir.

"So now that both the girls are finally here together, and the cake has been cut." said Aarav, bringing both of them in the center.

"And smeared over each other." Piyush teased, causing everyone to chuckle.

"So, it's finally time to present the gifts." continued Aarav, ignoring his brother's little input.

"Yeah, let's give the presents." Purab said.

"Prachi, pay attention, anyone who said that they didn't get you one, had actually got a pair of heels." Vikram teased.

"That had been flung out of the window, while no one noticed." Abhi added, and once again, Prachi's face was took over by colour.

"So who's going first?" Purab asked.

"Me." Aryan stated and looked through the gift bags, that were already put on a nearby table. After shifting some other bags, he fished out two bags. He handed one to each girl.

Rhea took the bag excitedly and began unwrapping her while Prachi took her and gave a small hug to Aryan first, with a small 'thank you'. She then started opening her as well while Rhea gasped. Prachi opened her box and found a beautiful platinum metal watch. She looked up to find Rhea pulling out a flower shaped bracelet in the same metal.

"It's so beautiful." Rhea said running her hand on the flower pattern. "Thanks Aryan."

"It's really beautiful. Quite my type to be honest. Simple and elegant." Prachi too responded.

"I know, you needed one anyways

"I know, you needed one anyways." Aryan said, instantly biting his tongue.

"How do you know I needed one?" Prachi asked, narrowing her eyes at him. "Aryan, did you know my older one broke?"

"Umm.... I don't want to lie to you on your birthday." Aryan began, scratching his head a little. Prachi just raised her eyebrows, and nodded, asking him to continue.