Chapter XXXIV

THIS IS IT!

"BECAUSE I AM IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!!"

The silence that fell was deafening. No one dared to even breathe deeply for the fear of the unknown, that might follow. Prachi's body heaved, gasping for breath. Only after the words that she had been too afraid to even think of had left past her lips, did she snap back into reality.

What she had done in the last few minutes!

Her hands flew to her cover her mouth, suppressing the gasp that left her mouth. Her eyes filled with a new set of tears, and not trusting herself anymore, she slowly backed away before turning and sprinting from there.

"See, she's again doing it." Rhea accused as everyone was about to follow after Prachi.

"What do you mean?" Asked Vikram, his voice ice cold.

"She's always tried to steal away my happiness, and she is doing the same again." Rhea walked ahead to stand between everyone, "She's purposely doing this to ruin everything for me. She's trying to snatch everyone. Why can't no one see this? Prachi is not what she pretends to be."

"Rhea!" Abhi roared, "Prachi needs us right now by her side, and that's where her family will be. I'll be having a much-needed word with you later."

They started to move towards the direction Prachi had rushed a couple of minutes before.

"What do you want Prachi?"

Rhea asked, a sense of superiority dripping from her voice. Everyone turned around to look at the girl, only to realize that it was not something she said now, but something she had uttered a long time ago.

Rhea's blood ran cold as she remembered when she had had this conversation with her twin, and dreaded what followed in it. Her heart picked up the pace and her throat felt dry.

Cold sweat broke on her forehead.

"Rhea, papa loves you a lot, if you ask him not to marry Meera aunty, he will surely listen to you."

Their attention changed to the previously paused screen that now, for the first time this evening, displayed a frame that holds both the Mehra heiresses in one. Their attention was glued to the scene unfolding before them.

"And why would I do it?"

"Maa loves papa, and he too loves maa. This marriage will do no good to anyone."

"It will be good for me, I will have a mother that actually loves me, instead of one that only claims to. I want this marriage to happen. I will make sure this marriage will happen."

*Slap*

Rhea flinched as she remembered the stinging pain Prachi had caused her that day. She clenched her fists, nails digging in her palms. She could not lose now. Not after all she had done for this day. She walked forward intending to stop the video from playing any further. But she felt a tug. She turned back to come face to face with Shahana.

The other girl had her wrist in a death grip.

"Not today." The younger girl gritted as the video continued.

"Don't Rhea. Please don't do this with my mother." Prachi begged, "Please Rhea, Please. She'll break Rhea. She is your mother too. Please, she won't be able to handle it. She's already seen a lot of problems in her life. she's already had a very difficult life. She won't be able to handle this. Please don't do this with my mother, Please Rhea. Please."

"I like this," Rhea beamed, "I- I really like this. I've always wanted to see you like this. I am really enjoying it. Go on, keep doing it. What can you do for me?"