Chapter VIII

ROSES

Prachi left for her room after she bid good night to everyone. She was walking towards her room alone, numerous gift-bags in her hands, and even more thoughts swirling in her mind. Aarav had tried to offer her some help, but she had politely refused. Ranbir's reaction to him might already have raised suspicion in someone's mind. And cherry on top, the way he acted had also made Rhea's face change in quite a few odd expressions. Though Prachi was unable to understand them completely, she was pretty sure they were not good for her. So, she had decided to keep him calm for the time being. It was going to be tough, even torturous to some extend, but she was trying to resonate with her heart that it would just make it easier for her in the future.

She entered her room and put all the gifts in her locker, securely closing it and leaning against the door of her cupboard. She wasn't accustomed to expensive gifts, but she couldn't refuse her family for the love they were giving her, for they might think that she hasn't accepted them all yet. And Man, they have given her a LOT of gifts. Everyone has given her something or another, everyone but him.

She had not gotten any present from him, except for the morning wish, and she was trying to be happy about it. Not that she wanted to get anything materialistic from him. Just one look of his face was more than heaven for her. But his ignorance was making her heart crumble. She was trying to grasp the fact that maybe, ......just maybe, he had finally decided to move on from her. It would be in his best interest if he left her behind. But small part of her conscious, had been nagging her about it. She hadn't shown it in front of anyone downstairs, but it had really stung her heart. She had however locked her feelings then. But now that she was alone, that small part was gradually taking over her entire being. Practically craving for his warm embrace. For his strong arms to be around her, wrapping her up away from all the worries of this damn world. To tell her that he hasn't moved on from her, and it was just some stupid thoughts of her mind. That he'll always love her like he had promised her so many times, said and unsaid alike.

Prachi took a long, deep breadth to calm her heart a bit, just keep the tears at bay for a bit longer. She was about to go to her dresser to find a change of simple clothes. If going to cry, why not cry being a bit comfortable. She pushed herself away from the surface she was leaning on and walked across the room when something on her bed caught her interest. She moved towards her bed, to inspect, and there it was. The quest of her heart. One thing that not just answered but removed the series of questions altogether.

A Beautiful Bouquet Of Roses.

It wasn't a simple bunch of impeccable-y gorgeous flowers. For her it was everything, the testament of her heart's desire, for it was what she had thought of ages ago. Though unclaimed, she knew who it was from. Who can know and remember so well anything she had said only once, be however silly or frivolous it was at that moment. But now it was the most precious and dear present she had ever received in her entire life.

It was a rose bouquet. Not any rose bouquet one can buy from any florist. It had different roses. Roses in every different colour there could be. White, Light pink, Classic pink, Yellow, Purple, RED. There were three Red roses in the middle of other colored rosses.

She sat on her bed and picked up the bouquet. Holding it to her chest, careful not to crush the delicate symbols of love. The tears she had buried inside her aching heart at last came out. Rolling down her cheeks. Finally breaking free of the barriers she had trapped her heart in, she cried and cried in the solace of her room. The sheer silence of room reverberating her sobs.

After crying her heart out, she noticed something that was placed under the flowers. A book, more like a scrap book, and a black velvet box. She picked up the box, brushed her fingertips over it's clasp slightly before putting it down and reaching for the diary like book. It was hardbound with a deep blue cover. She turned it over and over again. She thought to open it but it was locked. A distant memory and an unusual idea filled her mind and she quickly picked up the box again. After carassing it once, she flicked open the box and gasped as the distant memory bragged in her mind.