86. still with you

Beginne am Anfang

She sighed, reaching over for it.

Though her brain was yet to load and compile her surroundings, she discovered it was four in the morning

Despite learning how early in the morning it was, Devora wasn't drowsy, or too tired to keep her eyes open.

It was as though she was shocked wide away, unable to get comfortable again and fall asleep.

She grumbled in aggravation, rummaging her fingers through her knotted hair strands.

'What the hell am I supposed to do?' She looked around the room, her back resting against the headboard. 'Jungkook always wakes up early... maybe he's awake?'

"Maybe." Her voice came out a soft whisper.

She sniffled, throwing her legs out from under the blanket and reaching for the floor.

Though she donned sweats and a long sleeve to bed to keep her warm, she couldn't help but shiver at the cold touch of the wooden floor, surreptitiously wrapping her arms over her chest, palms rubbing up and down her sleeves for some heated friction.

It was abnormal for her to wake up at a random period of the night, usually, she would enter deep sleep and wouldn't wake up again until it was time to get ready for work.

Devora took it as a sign.

She was woken up for a reason.

Carefully, she rotated the knob, opened the door, and stepped out into the cold hallway.

The balls of her feet swiftly sped walk toward the living room, praying that he was awake, but at the same time, hoping he was still deep in his reverie.

His long body was sprawled above the couch, barely fitting on the sofa, having to use the arms for his feet.

He was faced toward the coffee table, one of his arms was under the pillow, sticking out towards the table, while the other remained near his chest.

Devora reached closer to him, catching a glimpse of him. His cheek was smooshed against the comfortable pillow, with his lips slightly separated.

Her lips bucked, elation tugging at the corners to see that he was relaxed, and peacefully sleeping.

The blanket was slumped over his torso, his upper body exposed, falling to the frigid weather.

She walked over to him, prudent not to make any noise that would possibly rouse him.

Her fingers tugged on the fluffy blanket, pulling upwards to his chest and covering his once revealed body.

Her body flinched away when she heard him mumble something in his sleep, his arms shifting around, and adjusting himself into a better sleep position.

She shook her head, disgruntled with her cretinous actions.

"Seriously, what am I doing?" Scoffing, her fingers interlaced with one another.

Devora took another look at him, his chest now facing the ceiling, his eyes shut delicately.

"Okay, I'll be going back to bed, too." She muttered, her icicles for fingers taking shelter under her arms.

He appeared to be relaxed and so peaceful, it quite literally brought her back to his arms again.

She wanted to rest with him, to feel his generous arms around her smaller body, to finally put an end to her ridiculous guard, and learn to forgive him.

It was evident he still meant something to her, still finding it in her heart to tend to him and make sure he was okay.

She reached his room, quietly shutting the door behind her, and leaning against it. She latched her eyes shut, self-deprecated, and resentful of herself.