5. the rush of caffeine

005

005

'Can't imagine being stuck at work on a Friday night.' She reflected, desolated at her desk.

Devora let out a slow yawn, her energy dwindling with each second that ticked by. She gazed at the clock, seeing it was eight-thirty.

She tied her hair up in a ponytail, her curtain bangs falling out from the rubberband, blinking a few times attempting to find some moisture for her dry eye contacts.

Maybe it was a bad time to be wearing a dress, it was a very nice cascade wrap dress, however, it lacked comfort when she was trying to take a nap at her desk.

Putting her head down, she closed her eyes for a moment; her lids being too heavy.

She didn't know how long she had been out before she heard Hoseok calling for her from his office.

"Dev!" His vibrant voice shouted from his office.

Confounded with no response, he tried again. "Dev?"

Her forehead recoiled, humming. "Mmm no thanks, I don't want to eat right now." Her speech muffled against her arm.

"Devora?" Hoseok reached to her desk to search for her.

Her head shot up from her buried arms, her heart racing from being woken up abruptly. 

"Uh, y-yes Hoseok I'm here." She sat properly, voice garbled.

He snickered, noticing a red indent on her forehead, "Why don't you go and pick up some coffee? Can you drive right now?"

"Of course, I can," Devora insisted, "You want the usual?"

"None for me, I'm okay. I just want you to go out and take a break." Hoseok was overly considerate, his fingers tracing against the side of his neck.

Devora pushed her seat in, a perplexed look etched on her face, "Wait, are you sure you don't want anything?"

"Yeah, I'm not all that tired right now." Assured Hoseok, stepping back to his office, "Just be safe, and come back energized." He demanded.

Right, Devora took note of that — making sure she'd ask for a triple shot in her coffee. Perhaps some sweet treats will help her wake up as well, giving her a slight sugar rush which is exactly what she needed.

She would have to remove her contacts and trade them in with her glasses, it would help a lot more with staying awake considering she forgot to carry along eye drops in her bag that day.