76. cafe

076

076

Things could be much worse.

Devora knew that, for a fact.

Though her despondency and pessimism would consume her spirits sporadically, she still had a lot to be thankful for.

Hoseok earned his items back from his stubborn father, as promised by him, and Devora had her place to herself now that Hobi is finally living normally, and not being nagged by arbitrary issues.

No matter how eternally appreciative Hobi was for Devora giving him a place to stay, he couldn't be more than eager to be back at his place, for numerous reasons.

His feelings for her didn't dissipate — like he'd assume they would — they only seemed to substantially increase. Which was the reason why he placed distance between the two of them, he needed to figure out his emotions.

He wanted to find out if his feelings were there because he simply cared for her — and became confounded by those influencing emotions — or because he truly did feel something for her.

Albeit, he still had to play her boss, and she was still his assistant. However, it was more manageable when he saw her at work, rather than at home.

He didn't completely abandon her, still creating time to speak to her and genuinely gather intel on how she handles herself. He would bring over homemade dinner for the two of them, to eat at her place.

To that, Devora was beyond thankful.

What truly did aid her was not having to see Jungkook.

The guys hadn't been over the office since the whole debacle, not because they were against Hoseok, but because their presence wasn't necessary just yet.

It had been a week since Jungkook broke up with Devora, and it's a formidable pill to swallow, even now.

She despised talking about it, truthfully, she never wanted to talk about him or bring his name up.

How else would she get over everything?

Eventually, she had to tell her mother about the breakup. And, of course, Boseong demanded that he know every little detail that transpired between the two former lovers.

The question of Jungkook's well-being often drowned her mind, and she wondered how he was taking the whole breakup. Although he was the one who broke it off, she was certain he was hurting just as much as she was, if not equivalent, then he was hurting much more.