Small update

Up and down

It feels like heaven

"There's a town that exists at the borderlands. A place of nightmares and dreamscapes. A place where folklore and myth carry the weight of fact and truth. A place-"

"What the hell are you doing?" Mira said, interrupting Jughead in the middle of whatever it was he was doing. Veronica, who was walking next to Mira cocked her head at their friend who, oddly enough, was wearing a suit instead of his usual crown beanie.

"I'm narrating," Jughead said as though it were obvious before turning his head to face an invisible audience. The two girls looked at each other and took a long sip from their cherry slushies. "A place where-"

"It sounds like The Twilight Zone," Mira said.

Jughead glared at her, "No it doesn't."

"Yes, it does."

"Well, it doesn't matter cause everyone's too young to even know what that is. God, Mira, you're too old to be here."

Mira scoffed, "I'm sure Veronica knows what The Twilight Zone is."

"Duh, of course I do," Veronica said. "I love Twilight."

Mira put a palm to her head and Jughead laughed. "Now if you'll let me continue," he turned back to the invisible audience. "A place where superstitions and their laws overshadow the laws of science. And a place where old traditions die hard, if they die at all. The name of this place..." he paused for dramatic effect, "is Rivervale."

"What's Rivervale?" Veronica whispered.

"I don't know and I don't care. Let's just leave, he's too weird for me right now," Mira turned from the narrating boy and the two girls continued their walk, sipping on their cherry slushies. "Are you sure you don't mind me living with you for a while?"

"Of course not," Veronica said. "It's way too dangerous for you to be living alone with this Black Hood maniac running around. Not to mention the moth men, gargoyles, cults, aliens-"

"Wait. What-"

"It'll be like a sleepover every day, or at least until your parents get back in town. Speaking of... they've been gone for a long time... where are they?"

"Where's the legal paperwork for your speakeasy?"

The two gave each other a nod of understanding before continuing quietly to their destination.

It was a gloomy day in Riverdale, as though a dark filter had been applied to create an aesthetic, so Veronica had suggested grabbing a bite from Pop's since there was not much else to do. The familiar neon lights encompassing the diner felt warm and comforting now that Riverdale was starting to feel more like home to Mira. She had her new friends to thank for that, and her little relationship with Hiram as well. She knew she shouldn't have enjoyed it as much as she did, but sneaking around with him was so much fun. It kept her on her toes and there was never a dull moment. She didn't think she could ever go back to a normal relationship with anyone, it just wouldn't be as fun.

Mira and Veronica took a seat at a booth. As they waited for service, they noticed an oddly dressed girl sitting on one of the bar stools, drinking a strawberry milkshake. "Tony?" Mira said, eyeing the tattered gown her friend was wearing. Tony turned to the two girls, her eyes white like fog, dark circles under her eyes, her face sunken in, and her hair a bird's nest.

"Ooh," Veronica winced at the sight of her. "Rough night?"

"I am not Tony," Tony said in a raspy voice. "I am La Llorona."

Veronica scoffed and flipped her hair, "It's pronounced Lana Del Rey."

"No," Tony said. "La Llorona."

"You mean like from Mexican folklore?" Mira said. "And that one Conjuring movie?"

"Yes, exactly like that one Conjuring movie," Tony said, her voice growing even raspier.

Veronica held out a pack of Halls, but Tony slapped it away.

"So what are you gonna do? Take my kids?" Mira laughed.

"I already did."

Mira's face fell and she looked down at her stomach. She guessed all those nights with Hiram were adding up. "I had a kid?"

"Not anymore," Tony got up and walked away.

"Thank you!" Mira called after her. "I just love her so much."

"I'm pretty sure she's a demon," Veronica said.

"She's definitely a demon in the sheets," Cheryl interjected, appearing out of nowhere and then also walking away.

This is all I can do for now. I'll update soon! Thank you !