Insecurities

Secrets I have held in my heart

Are harder to hide than I thought

Maybe I just wanna be yours

No but seriously. Go Read my other smut book The God King's Obsession. 

   Mira sat in Veronica's room, watching an episode of the Pretty Little Liars reboot and snacking on some spicy Mcdonald's chicken nuggets and fries. 

Oh, and also a diet coke because *sparkle* balance *sparkle*. 

   "Boo!" Veronica exclaimed, throwing a fry at the screen. "Why do they keep letting this guy make bad TV shows?" 

   "Because we keep watching them," Mira frowned, stuffing an entire nugget into her mouth.

   Yes, they were stoned. Mira typically was not one to smoke weed. Hell, she didn't even like it. But all this talk about Hermione visiting had made her super anxious. She did not want to be found out, especially not by Veronica's own mom. So, she had taken extra care to tuck away anything that had Hiram written all over it, like the necklace he had gifted her... and the bracelet... and the earrings... and the bag... 

   It had occurred to her that he had a habit of buying her things, which absolutely could not be the case while his semi-ex-wife was here. I mean, a high schooler walking around with a Chanel bag was kind of a dead giveaway. 

   Well... there was also Cheryl in her mansion with her designer, so maybe it wasn't super uncommon in Riverdale to have nice things. It sure as hell would not be the strangest thing here. Not after that whole La Llorona mess. 

   "Isn't your mom going to be here today?" Mira asked, trying her best to sound completely nonchalant. Not that she needed to, it was a normal question. 

   "Oh, she's already here," Veronica informed, causing Mira's heart to drop. "I saw her moving her luggage into daddy's room earlier." 

   "What?" She couldn't help it. It turns out jealousy wasn't something that was only specific to Hiram. She felt her blood boil, but kept her composure to the best of her abilities. 

   Veronica shot her a look, "Yeah... so?"

   "Aren't they separated?"

   "Meh," Veronica shrugged. "Kind of, I guess. When she has a boyfriend, she's out god knows where. When she doesn't, she's here. I kind of just don't bother welcoming her anymore."

   "Damn." She suddenly saw a new side to her friend, one that was a lot more vulnerable than what she liked to put out. Suddenly, her unhealthy obsession with Archie made sense. "So, she's single now?"