"Well, the neighbours have a son Levi's age plus we have a bunch of video games he can play in the game room"

Those video games are mine... He might ruin my progress

"What if I buy him new videogames to play?"

"Sarah... You are 31 years old. Let the boy play your games."

"First of all... Never say a ladies age out loud. Second, I am 31 and jobless. I am in this house all the time, games are my only escape."

I whine.

"You know... There may not be anyone Levi's age but you'd make a fine substitute."

I fold my arms over my chest and glare at him.

"You can pout all you want, I'm not taking it back."

"Oh yeah?"

I challenge

"Yeah."

I arch my brow at him and decide to use my Ultimate weapon.

"Adriana! Lucas!"

I call. Oscars only weakness is our children. She comes running with Lucas dragging behind her.

"That's not fair."

Ha! Look who's pouting now.

"Who do you think is more grown up? Mama or papa?"

"Mama!"

Adriana shouts with a wide grin

"Papa."

Lucas deadpans. These are the moments when I hate the fact he took after me.

"Ha!"

Oscar lets out. I pick up Adriana and lift my chin up, clinging onto my dignity.

"Hmph. You are a traitor Luc"

Lucas just shrugs his shoulders and Oscar scoops him from the floor.

"That's my boy"

He cheers.

Did my deadpan attitude annoy people this much. I feel bad for anyone who interacted with me.

___

Everyone is here now; Mom and Dad, Ace and his wife Avery, Ryan and his girlfriend Emma, Hope and Derek who got married believe it or not, Zaccai and his fiance Cindy, Ezra, Mike, Mr and Mrs Krov, Mr and Mrs Alvarez and Mrs Barlowe with here daughter, Anna, and her husband. I had no idea she had a 10 year old daughter. But we only met again a year ago during a dance event.

"Hey!"

Dez hails as he walks in with Rosa, Levi and Eliana.

"Hey!"

We all hail back and start teasing him about being late.

"Okay, now that everyone is here, we can eat."

I announce and everyone cheers.

We gather around the table and say grace before everyone digs in. Hours of work, gone in seconds... My heart's breaking just a little and a part of me feels like scolding everyone for clearing all the food that I made. But what else did I expect them to do? It's not like not eating it would be an option.

___

"Man, it's been a while since we were all together like this."

Ryan let out as we all watch the stars from the gazebo skylight, the children having the time of their lives with their grandparents. I didn't even need to hire nanny's... Sigh...

"Yup... Since our highschool graduation actually."

Oscar joins in, a soft grin on his face.

"We used to be really popular back then"

I had all but forgotten how popular we were. If Eliana didn't bring it up I don't think I would've remembered how much attention our dance crew got. People even started to hire us for weddings, proposals, music videos and the like.

"Yeah..."

I agree.

" I wonder if people still think about us."

"Of course they do."

Zaccai lets out proudly. He hasn't changed one bit. It honestly hard to believe I dated him. But I was a kid I guess.

"Remember the time the fans broke into a social media war over whether Sarah should be with Oscar or Zaccai."

Why'd Ezra have to bring that up?

"Yeah, Zaccai wouldn't let you two be alone together for even a second."

Hope chuckle

"Hey... I was a jealous boyfriend. But turns out he was her soulmate, and Cindy was mine."

He's right. As much as I thought we would, most highschool couples don't last forever and we're still great friends. Come to think of it, Eliana and Dez are the only highschool sweethearts here... Well, excluding my parents of course.

"I'm glad we did this."

Mike admits with a grin. We all nod and laugh at nothing in particular.

My name is Sarah Beverly Gordon. I have a great family, cool friends and I'm living my best life,my dream life. Even though people can be a pain sometimes, they can also be worth sticking with. Their annoying nature can also be comforting sometimes... And entertaining. I'm glad I made friends, and I'm glad we're still friends. I'm also glad I became friends with the likes of Erica all those years ago... Despite everything she did, I don't hate her. It hurt, true but... Hating people's just not my style I guess. Or maybe it because deep down I know that I never wanted to be hated despite how badly I treated people, I simply believe that it was just my Innate personality and I deserved to be hated, but that wasn't the case.

Nah... That's too deep.