Chapter 16

Things were different now. I had someone in my life. Someone to make things less complicated. After that incident in the showers, Puddin' and I started to get much closer. I guess you could say that we were dating. I'm sitting on my bed when Puddin' walks in. 

   Puddin': What's up Blondie?

   Caroline: What's your real name?

   Puddin': Rosetta.

   Caroline: Can I call you by it?

   Puddin': No.

   Caroline: Okay, Rosetta.

   I liked her name. Rosetta. It makes her seem a lot nicer than she is. I thought that she was this evil woman, but she's nothing like that at all. She's just trying to survive this place as much as I am. 

   Rosetta told me that there was a Prison rivalry within our block. There were two women, twins. Melissa and Riley. Melissa killed their parents, but Melissa also told them that Riley helped her, which wasn't true, but they both went down for the crime. So ever since then, they've hated one another. In this Prison, you're either on Riley's side, or Melissa's side. I'm not sure why I hadn't heard of this story already, but I was glad that I was hearing it now. Rosetta's on Melissa's side, mainly because Melissa was crazy, and Rosetta needed someone that she knew would protect her. Rosetta told me that she could get me in with Melissa, and then we'd be set for life. So that's where we were heading, to Melissa's room.

   Rosetta: Hey Mel, what're you up to?

   Melissa: You know, the usual, cracking out.

   Rosetta: Can I introduce you to someone?

   Melissa: Yeah, sure, just make it worth something.

   Rosetta: This is my girl, Mcaffnee.

   Caroline: Hi Melissa.

   Melissa: Call me Mel sweetheart.

   Caroline: Alright, Mel.

   Rosetta: Blondie may look harmless, but she's crazy.

   Melissa: Is she the girl that took down Brittney and Sasha?

   Rosetta: Yup, that's her.

   Melissa: How about you two young women take a seat, let's chat.

   For the next hour, we sat with Melissa and talked. We talked about an upcoming attack that Melissa was planning. She wanted to kill Riley. She couldn't stand their rivalry she hated her. She told us that we were going to rush them at lunch today. I was fine with it, I didn't care if I got more years on my sentence, I was already going to be here forever, so none of it mattered anymore. Plus, I had Rosetta, I loved her. She made me feel lighter than air, she made me float up to somewhere beautiful.