Easing to her feet, Yunhee slowly breathed in and out for a shred of fortitude, Taehyung's persistent tone playing with her mind as Jin proficiently climbed the rungs.

Precious...

'Been meaning to put these back for months,' Jin made conversation while sliding each book into an empty slot. 'They were collecting dust in my room.'

Precious...

'Fuck off already,' Yunhee hissed.

Traces of Taehyung's dusky chuckle resonated in her head as she wearily massaged her temples and willed the bastard to leave her be.

There was no doubt he'd return, but there was a sense of relief when his amusement slithered away, and she heard nothing but the drone of the air-conditioning unit.

And Jin's dramatic sigh.

'You still haven't told him, have you?'

Glancing up, Yunhee was met with a discomposed Kim Seokjin looking down at her from the ladder.

Shame washed over her as she shook her head; only he and Tae knew about the voice that plagued her. She hadn't told Jimin yet, and it was beginning to eat her up from the inside.

Ramming the wad of books into a gap, Jin hopped to the ground, dusting off his hand as he walked over to grasp her upper arms. 'He'll appreciate the truth a lot more, I assure you.'

'I know, but I'm afraid,' Yunhee mumbled as she picked at the hem of her blouse. 'Afraid he won't understand. Tae and I have a past...'

'I know,' Jin replied softly, his ochre eyes gleaming with understanding, 'but the past is in the past, Hahm. You need to stop being a hypocrite and give Jimin the benefit of the doubt. Why insist on honesty within your relationship if you're going to keep such an important truth from him? You left Tae for that very reason.'

'You're not wrong,' Yunhee smiled through her tears. 'Jimin also seems to ease the blow. Whenever he's around, whenever he touches me, Taehyung disappears completely.'

'Of course, because you're soulmates. When you're together, you're like a force of nature. The Darkness doesn't stand a chance against you. That's why I wholly believe you can defeat it,' Jin soothed as he tucked her chin. 'You now have a valid excuse for mentally lusting after Taehyung, so let go of that guilt and tell him.'

'Shut up!' Yunhee swatted his chest with a hearty laugh, but then wiped her nose and affirmatively bobbed her head. 'Thanks, Jin. I'll tell him today.'

'Tell who what?'

The colluding couple sprang apart when a jovial Jimin made an unexpected appearance.

There was no sign of the weathered leather jacket he'd worn at the National Library, but his fitted jeans, loose-collared shirt and buckled holster looked just as sexy as he made his way over and draped an arm around Yunhee's waist.

'What'd I miss?' he whispered after pecking her hair.

'Nothing much,' Yunhee sing-songed, telepathically informing Jin that now was not the time to mention her premonitions when he rolled his eyes behind Jimin's back. 'You look great, by the way.'

'I'm wearing the same outfit.' Jimin's lips slanted into a puzzled smile before he paused and glimpsed suspiciously between his comrade and Yunhee. 'Were you two conspiring? Should I be worried?'

'Depends,' Jin drawled as he threw himself onto a bean bag and lazily reclined. 'How would you feel if your missus and I ran away and eloped?'

Yunhee hid a snort behind her fist when Jin grinned and braced his cheek in his palm; way to go for coming to her aid with a distracting joke.