Chapter-4: 'The Best Gift'

SANA POV-

I'm doomed.

He was about to see in my direction but I covered my face with curtain. I have to leave this place... NOW!!

I started walking the way from which I came. While finding the exit, I bumped into someone.

"Maaf Kardijiye" (Sorry) I said.

She was a beautiful lady in her mid-forties. She was dressed in rich clothes.

"Kon ho tum? Aur is waqt yahah kya kar rhe ho?" (Who are you? And what are you doing here this time?) She asked.

"Ji, main Shehzade ka libaaz pohuchane aaya tha aur unhe de bhi diya" (I was here to deliver the Prince's outfit and I gave him too) I said.

"Tumne unhe de diya?" (You gave him?) She asked shockingly. I nodded. 

"Kya tumne unke hath mein diya?" (You gave him in his hands?) She asked. 

She is weird. Why is she asking so many questions? 

"Unke haath mein toh nhi par, unke sofe pe" (Not in his hands, but kept on his sofa) I said.

"Oh!" She exclaimed. After sometime she again asked.

"Tumhara naam kya hai?" She asked.

Why the hell she is asking so many questions? If I tell her Sana, she'll get guards arrest me. No this can't be!

"SALEEM" I said from nowhere. BTW its close to my name too. 

"Accha Saleem, tum yahah kya kar rhe ho chalo mere saath Jashn mein shamil ho jao!" (Then lets go and join the party) She said and grabbed my hand.

Why all people are grabbing me?

"Ji nhi, mujhe ghar jana hoga! Meri Ammi mera intezaar kar rhi hogi" (No, I have to go home as my Ammi is waiting for me) I said truthfully.

"Tum apni Ammi ke saath rehte ho?" (You live with your Ammi?) She asked. I nodded.

"Tum kaha rehte ho?" (Where do you live?) She suddenly asked. Why she is behaving so strange?

"Ji, Sonar gali, purane masjid ke peeche. My uncle has an old antique shop" (Sona lane behind the old mosque) I said.

"Oh!" She reacted and was about to leave. I stopped her.

"Ji, kya.. aap..mujhe ma-ahal ke bahar jaa...ne ka raasta batayengi?" I asked hesitantly. She called guard and told him to take me towards the exit. 

"Aapka bohot Shukriya" (Thank you very much) I said and left the palace.

I returned home late as the market was fully crowded enjoying the birthday of that jerk. Before Ammi could notice, I quickly changed myself.

"Ammi" I went to her room and saw she was holding Abba's locket which he had gifted her and weeping. 

Locket-