Chapter 44

Louis nervously roamed around his room. He kept thinking and thinking. He groaned heavily and walked up to the window. His froze when he looked outside the window. Harry's car was parked outside.

Suddenly his heart started palpitating. Would he really leave him here? Knowing Harry, he could, Louis' mind answered in a quick reply.

Recalling the events from earlier today, Harry had given him a free way to leave. He wasn't really pushing him into a corner now without leaving Louis any choice. No. He never restrained. Didn't he make it clear from the first that it would only be a pretense of a relationship.

Louis couldn't help but wonder to be closer to a man so deeply thoughtful as Harry was. He was all practical and rough. So thoroughly focused in life. Working hard and earning big. He was very fierce in everything. Going after what he wanted with such sharpness. He would even chase hell to get it. What would it be like to have the love of such an enigmatic man.

And he wondered how intense Harry's love would be if he focused all his attention to it. His heartbeat quickened remembering his eyes on him. Only on him. So hawk like and intent. He drew back the curtains hastily to peer down at the driveway only to find Harry's impatient gaze on him.

The blue eyed omega froze and abruptly turned around, his face heated. Where in the world were his thoughts straying. He never realised till now he had been breathing a little heavily. Such dangerous thoughts.

If such a thing happens Harry falling for him, which was impossible, by the way, but if it happens, then Louis probably would run to the hills at the first indication of a change.

He shook his head and went to his walk in closet to find something to wear for the party Harry was taking him to after which they'd leave to London, permanently.

He took off a red gown which had a slit mid thigh and was off shoulder. It showed off his collarbones in a flattering manner.

It had been ages since he wore this. He pulled back a suitcase from the closet and threw it open on the bed. Hurriedly, he shoved all his clothes in it. The car honked thrice. Each time Harry did that, Louis jumped in anxiety. 'Fuck you, you impossible beast,' Louis kept muttering under his breath all the while he changed and packed his clothes and did his makeup too.

He looked at himself in the mirror and was somewhat satisfied with the way he looked given the time period in which he got ready.

The car honked the fourth time and Louis sighed in exasperation and rolled his eyes.

He looked at himself in the mirror again. A cardigan carelessly covered his left shoulder. He straightened the nasty locks of his hair into even tresses.

He groaned heavily and hefted up the filled suitcase off the bed and rolled it down on the floor.

Meanwhile, Harry sighed tired, standing infront of his car. God knows what things are needed to be packed that's taking his husband so long. He had been waiting for him to come out (a/n : I think I'm not the only one here.) for more than an hour. The green eyed Alpha was growing impatient by the minute looking at his watch.

Had Louis decided not to come after all or what?! A trickle of fear curved up his spine. But those thoughts were put to rest when he heard a movement near the front porch. He didn't turn around. He knew it was Louis. I mean who else could it be anyways.

A slow smile tugged at his lips as a deep rush of triumph pumped fast into his veins. Finally. His legs were starting to get cramps.

He turned around still smiling but his eyes widened a little looking at the ample display of beautiful, tan skin everywhere. His head jerked back. He wasn't used to seeing the usually shy omega like this; bare arms, shoulders and legs. It came as a punch of shock to his gut and also to his senses. But he would be lying if he said that Louis did not look good. Great even.