Anastasia SS: How She Came to Be

Start from the beginning

I was never a big fan of "The Symbol of Peace," All Might. He said that anyone can be Heroes, but I knew very well not to give in to the temptation of becoming a Hero. In my perspective, Heroes were nothing more than glorified policemen masquerading in costumes. However, my perspective of Heroes changed when I saw her.

Artoria Pendragon, the Dragon of Hope. I recognized her as the person who would always visit my home. She was a junior of my mom when she was still alive. I used to play with her whenever mom left both of us alone in the house. It was also when I started to call her "Auntie." The desire to call out to her grew inside of me, however, the chance of meeting her now, when she was at the peak of her career, was zero.

That was what I thought until, at the age of 11, Auntie wandered into my foster home. Upon seeing me, she broke into tears as she ran up to me and hugged me tightly. Everyone, there was surprised that the No.3 Hero was there for Anastasia Fujiwara.

She explained to me how my mom's death was an accident and about mom's will. Apparently, due to some unfortunate circumstances, the will couldn't be delivered to Auntie. The will said that in the case of my mom's death, Artoria Pendragon become my legal guardian. That she did as I finally escaped that damned place, however, I managed to say my goodbye to the kind foster care worker.

∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

At the age of 12, a miracle happened. I was on a walk with Auntie outside during the night in a plaza, when I saw my dad. He looked so happy while he was with his new family. He had a wife, a son, and 2 daughters. Anger bubbled in my chest as my gaze was locked on him, and him alone. Managing to calm down, I asked Auntie if we could leave. However, before we left the plaza...

Villain: "HUAHUAHUAHUA! THERE ARE SO MANY LITTLE ANTS HERE!"

A Villain with a gigantification Quirk that turned him into a giant, hideous, red monster crashed into the plaza. Luckily, Auntie was there so I was sure that the Villain would be disposed of quickly. However, he took hostages, dad, and his new family.

Villain: "IF THE HERO DOESN'T BACK DOWN, I WILL CRUSH THIS FAMILY, YA HEAR?!"

The Villain probably didn't think much of me as I hid in one of the destroyed buildings, near him. Auntie had a calm expression as she faced the Villain, Excalibur in hand. Both of them kept eye contact, however, the Villain opted to threaten Auntie even more as the police arrived at the scene.

His giant red foot came crashing down on my dad as I looked at the scene with wide eyes. Auntie probably could have saved him, however, my body involuntarily moved. I managed to save dad from immediate death as his family nearly had to endure his loss. In doing so, the Villain's attention was focused on me.

Villain: "IF IT ISN'T ANOTHER ANT!"

My entire body trembled as the villain tried to grab me. However, at the last moment, the shaking stopped as something appeared on my hand, which caused the villain to be blown back. My gaze drifted to my right hand, and there I saw... Excalibur. Auntie was right next to me as it seemed like she could've saved me, but Excalibur appeared on my hand before she did.

Anastasia: *gasps* "Wh-Wh-What?! Why do I have Auntie's sword?!"

Artoria: "This... should've been impossible."

Villain: *groans* "YOU DAMN BRAT!"

Needless to say, the Villain didn't last long now that he lost his hostages. I left the scene before dad and his new family could speak to me and before dad could recognize me. I still wasn't ready to talk to them. Eventually, after dealing with the police and media, Auntie found me eating some ice cream at a convenience store. She then approached me with a questioning look.