Chapter 1 - Gilgamesh's Morning

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(3rd Person's POV)

Let's turn back the clock to see what was the "emergency" that required All Might's attention during the morning of Izuku and Izumi's quirk test.

It was early in the morning when we see a very handsome blonde man with crimson eyes, like blood. He was currently in a very luxurious suite. It was decorated with expensive, high-quality furniture most of the furniture in the suite had golden outlines and was made with wood of the highest quality. The building that he and one other person were staying in, was located in Musutafu, Japan.

The man yawned and got up from his luxurious bed and made his way to the bathroom to freshen up. After he was done he went outside and went to the living room and opened the TV. Once he sat down, he opened a golden portal, and out came a golden jar and cup. He poured the most high-quality wine into his cup and started drinking while watching the TV.

After about 10 minutes, his roommate, after freshening herself up in the bathroom, went outside and greeted the man with a small smile. She had the appearance of a young girl in her early-mid teens with blonde hair and green eyes.

???: "Good morning, Gilgamesh."

Gilgamesh: "Good morning to you as well, Artoria. Let's have breakfast, shall we?"

The girl, who was now identified as Artoria, nodded in response. Gilgamesh then put his cup of wine down and put it and the jar back into his treasury. He went to the dining table with Artoria and opened his portals once again and out came a big meal that's enough to be considered a feast.

Artoria: "Your Noble Phantasm sure is convenient..."

Gilgamesh: "Haven't you already gotten used to seeing this every day for the past month?"

Gilgamesh replied with a smirk as he sat down on the long table. Artoria did the same and started eating the nice meal that Gilgamesh provided.

You must be wondering how exactly the King of Knights and the King of Heroes were in Musutafu, Japan, and were living together. 

Well, the summary is, after Emiya Kiritsugu, Artoria's former master, commanded Artoria to destroy the Holy Grail during the Fourth Holy Grail War, she and Gilgamesh were transported to the world of quirks, heroes, and villains. The reason why Artoria and Gilgamesh were still able to exist in that world was that before they were transported they were bathed in the excess mana of the Holy Grail.

(A/N: Don't worry about it.)

When they got to this world, they didn't know anything about it. Eventually, they found each other and decided to stick together to figure out their situation. At first, their interactions consisted of orders and arrogant remarks from Gilgamesh, to which Artoria merely responded with scoffs, glares, and retorts. However, after living together for the past month they finally warmed up to each other. They could afford the luxurious suite because Gilgamesh sold some of his jewelry.

Gilgamesh: "So Artoria, are you going to become a so-called 'Hero'?"

Artoria: "Yes, I am."

Artoria responded immediately with courage and determination in her voice.

Gilgamesh: "I see. However, the mana that we absorbed from the Holy Grail won't last forever. Meaning that eventually, we must depart from this world and go back to being Heroic Spirits."

Artoria: "I understand where you're coming from Gilgamesh, but even if our time here is limited I still want to leave an impact and help as many people as I can."