Everything is Right

Start from the beginning

Sometimes it hits me that Will and I have been marrived for eleven years, and that we wanted to be married for thirteen. Seriously, sometimes I just say out loud, "Holy Crap, we're still married" because for a while, I thought Will and I would never end up together. I guess that just goes to show that sometimes things have to fall apart to fall together the way they're supposed to be.

I half listen to Percy as he speaks, "I really think we should just buy a bunch of water balloons and have a game of family killings with water."

Juliette shadows her eyes, "Yeah, that sounds really wholesome. Way to teach your kids to be upstanding citizens. 'Hey, kids. We love each other as a family. Now take this gun and shoot your brother.'"

Thalia raises an eyebrow, "That's pretty much how our family works anyway. Except with sticks - and the boys don't have to be told to attack each other."

Iris chuckles, "Shad and Bradley get along well, actually. You'd think they wouldn't, but half the time they're cooking up some mischief together."

Shadow calls across the mall, "What lies are you saying about us?"

Thomas smirks and calls back, "We're telling them you're terrible children and that you never do your chores."

Shadow scowls, sounding a bit British as she speaks, "You're hilarious, Dad!"

He smiles, "I know!"

I insert, "I feel like sometimes Karla wants a playmate around the house. But she also likes her alone time and I have a feeling she would beat up her younger brother or sister a lot."

Will nods, "Oh, yeah. She definitely would."

"But Karla is so smart!" Percy says, "She's smarter than all my boys combined!"

I shrug, smirking, "Like father like sons."

He rolls his eyes, "And this is where she gets her sarcasm from."

"That was actually sass and humor." I correct him.

Will wraps an arm around me, kissing the side of my head (Cedric happens to look over at that exact moment and falls over gagging and yelling, "BLIND! KISSING! I'M GOING BLIND, I TELL YOU!"), " So sassy. So sexy."

Juliette whacks his arm, "Innocent ears around, mister!"

He smiles, "Sorry. I apologize to your children."

She waves it off, "I wasn't talking about them- I was talking about ME!"

Iris rolls her eyes, "Because everything is about you, Juli."

"Uh, yeah, doy." Juliette says.

"Wow, and that's the first time someone has said doy since the early 1990's." Percy jokes.

"I'll bring that word back, you'll see." Juliette nods.

I laugh, "Because everyone wants to be like Juliette Country."

"Exactly!" She grins.

Karla comes running up to Will and I, her blue eyes filled with excitement, "Mum, Dad, can I have five dollars!?"

Will furrows his eyebrows, "What for?"

"The older kids are going to go around the mall and play a game with only five dollars to see who can get the best buy! They have their own money! And they said Cedric and I could tag along if I got five dollars from you!" She explains quickly, without taking a breath.

Will and I share a glance. We both look at each other questioning at first, but then a smile spreads across Wills face. He looks a little proud. I shrug. What's the harm?