Nature

"I've got to leave for work in about fifteen minutes, ace. They might hold me about an hour late, they have to work on some costume changes. Somewhere during the first fitting they got my leg length wrong." Will says, rattling around through the kitchen.

I nod, taking a bite of my bagel sleepily, "That's fine."

We've been married about eleven months now. Both of us have been keeping perfectly busy with work and when we're not at work, we're at home, sleeping and being lazy together, because everything is so tiring. But at least we're being lazy together. They say the first year of marriage is always the hardest, and if that's true, then that's great, because this first year has been awesome.

Will grabs a glass out of the cabinet and turns to the sink, which is right below the breakfast bar, where I sit. Will looks up at me and admiration shines in his eyes. He turns the water on, sticking his cup under it as he brushes a strand of hair out of my face, "You're cute when you've just woken up."

I smile, cheesily, "I try."

He chuckles, "So what are you doing today? You have work off, don't you?"

I sigh, "Yeah. They're working on the green section today, so they don't need me there. Unless they call in with an emergency."

I have a job working on sterilizing this lake at a park. They drianed the lake to give it a better, more eco-friendly liner, and the duche bag who lined the lake the first time did a terrible job. Thank goodness they have me, who knows how to do this kind of stuff. And now, they've also decided to redo the visitors center for this particular park, and I'm in charge of the basis, so I have to worry about all the accounts and imports and - you have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's very tedious and difficult, because it seems as though the world is managed by the most capable idiots anyone can find.

I continue, popping out of my frame of thought, "But otherwise, I'm going to the doctors, because I've been feeling a bit funny lately, and I don't want to get anything that will keep me from working."

Will nods, "Understandable." He takes a drink of water, then sets his cup on the counter, "Alright, well, I'm off to work. Have a good day, Sid."

He walks over, giving me a quick kiss.

I smile as he walks towards the garage door, "Bye, Will."

: : : : :

"Sidney Poulter?" The door to the waiting room opens.

I glance over, offering a small smile, "Yes, ma'am?"

The nurse, looks friendly, "Dr. Little will see you in room five now."

"Thank you." I stand up, grabbing my purse.

She let's me into the back and it's not long before I find room five. I step in, opting to sit on the blue observation table, other than the uncomfortable maroon chairs. Pictures of alements and other things are hung up on the wall, and there's a small counter with drawers and a sink right next to it for the doctors use.

I sigh, pulling the second Harry Potter book out of my bag so I can re-read it for the fifty billionth time in my life. It's about ten to fifteen minutes before the doctor comes in. She's blonde, with pointed, elf like features. She wears a long white over coat, with the name tag, Dr. Little, pinned on the front pocket.

She smiles, looking at the clipboard she holds in her hand, "Mrs. Poulter, how are you today?"

I place my book down, "I'm good. I'm not at work today, so I'm actually very good."

Dr. Little laughs, "Oh, yes. I understand."

She steps over, writing a couple notes on her board, "So, tell me, what complaints are you having? The receptionist said you were feeling neausious and you were having some bladder problems."