The Season

"Were you forged by Sauron, because you're precious." Narcisuss says, trying to act seductive.

I ignore him and he trys again, "I value my breath, so I would appreciate it if you didn't take it away every time you walk by."

I push his shoulder, staring at the screen, "Go practice your pick up lines on someone else. I'm trying to enjoy Orlando Bloom."

"More like Orlando BLEHom." Narcisuss scrunches up his nose.

I glance over at him, "You have no idea what you're talking about."

"Do too!" He says, looking at the TV, "Hey! Look at the orc! Now that is what I call good looking! See how he's shoving blood down Pippins throat! Isn't he charming?"

I scowl at him, "When do you leave again?"

His mouth drops open, "What? You're so going to miss me!"

"ZEKE!" I hollar.

"SORRY! I CAN'T CONTROL HIM - HE'S DIVERGENT!"

"I'M STARTING TO THINK JEANINE HAD THE RIGHT IDEA!" I call back.

Narcisuss chuckles, "Don't worry, I'm heading to my parents this evening for an entire two weeks of Christmas cheer!"

"How lovely." I mumble.

Zeke walks into the room, "Such enthusiasm from Sidney's behalf."

I sigh, "I just can't wait to get to my parents. I need this break. And I need some of my Moms cooking."

Suddenly the front door swings open and Poppy, Rhea, and Marybel walk in. As soon as Marybel sees what I'm watching she squeals and runs over, sitting next to me, "ORLANDO BLOOM - I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!"

Shawn looks at us from the kitchen, "What is it with girls and Orlando Bloom?"

Poppy raises an eyebrow, "What is it with guys and Kim Kardashian?"

Shawn looks thoughtful for a second before he nods, "Shots fired."

Poppy nods, sitting down too, "That's what I thought."

I wip my head around, looking at the girls who have broken into my house, "How did you even get in!? The door was locked!"

Rhea shrugs, as Shawn walks into the room with an unopened soda in his hand. She snatches it out of his hand and takes a quick swig, with Shawn's objections ("Hey!"), "Key under the doormat. It's like hosting a burglars only open-house."

I roll my eyes, "Oh, well, that's great."

"Oh no!" Zeke groans, looking at his phone in frustration.

I look over at him, "What?"

He sighs, "My sister, who lives in Britain, just went into labor! My parents are buying plane tickets and heading to Britain as we speak! I'm not going to Britain! My passport is expired! There's no way I'd get there in time for Christmas! This sucks!"

Narcisuss stands and pats his shoulder, "That is a bummer. I would offer for you to come home with me, but I have five younger sisters and you wouldn't want to come, and my parents house is already going to be over crowded. Looks like you'll be spending Christmas alone, old buddy boy."

Zeke rolls his eyes, sighing, "Gee, thanks Narc."

I speak before I realize what I'm saying, "Zeke, why don't you come to my place for Christmas? I mean, my parents live in an apartment, and my brother and his wife and new little boy will be there, so it'll be a little crowded, but it'll be fun. We can make do."