Easy as Pie

Will POV:

     All I could think about was how Sidney kissed me. On the mouth. And not only did she kiss me, she announced that she wanted to, so she'd obviously thought about it before hand. When I tried to go to bed, I couldn't stop smiling. I really wanted to kiss her again.

     And I wanted to tell someone that I had kissed her.

     Of course, my first thought was to tell Thomas.

     But then I remembered that he was in a coma.

     It's been hard without Tommy. He can keep a secret, and I'd taken to talking to him a lot. He's the most sane out of us Maze Runner men. I mean, gosh, he's just so cool. Like an older brother I've never had. And it really sucks not having him around. And it sucks to watch Iris suffer without him.

     But anyway, I debated calling Dylan. But knowing he'd give me a hard time about it, and most likely make fun of me (and the fact it was about midnight) I opted against it. And I knew I couldn't call Ki, seeing as he's.....well, Ki.

     All of that, made me kind of wish I had a journal or something.

     And then, after that thought - I felt the need to punch a wall so I could feel manly again.

     I did eventually get to sleep, and had a rather restless night. I wake up around nine o'clock in the morning. I throw on a red T-shirt and black skinny-ish jeans and step out of the room I'm staying in. I tiptoe out into the large hall upstairs and out onto the banister.

     I look down to find Sidney, Iris and Juliette sitting at the coffee table laughing. They have shot glasses in their hands, but seem to be missing a bottles of liquor. However, a big empty pickle jar sits on the table with nothing but the juice left in it. I find myself even more perplexed when Juliette grabs the jar and pours her shot glass full of the vinigary liquid. She picks it up and knocks the green substance back.

     I furrow my eyebrows, exclaiming, "What are you doing!?"

     All three girls look up at me and smile.

     "Pickle juice shots." Sidney grins.

     "It's a family tradition." Juliette adds.

     "To see who can drink the most without feeling sick." Iris nods. 

     "Juliette is by far the best at it." Sidney says with respect.

     I scrunch up my nose, "You guys are gross."

     Juliette places her hand on her chest in teasing offense, "Gross? Us? Never! Everyone knows the Walters and the Sharks, and now, I guess, the Sangsters, can't hold their liquor, but give us some pickle juice and we'll hold strong!"

     Sidney chuckles, "I take it you're not fond of pickles?"

     I sit down next to her. I sit close, but not close enough for her family to feel suspicious or uncomfortable.

     "Not overly." I mutter.

     Juliette shakes her head, "You won't last long in this family."

     Percy walks in, Thalia on his arm, "Why won't he last long in this family."

     "He doesn't like pickles." Iris shakes her head in remorse.

     Percy nods, sitting to join us, "Oh.  Then Juli is right."

     I nod, chuckling, "Nice to know you all have such high hopes."