Simple and Pretty

I don't know about you, but on Saturdays, I like to sleep in past seven thirty. And when Iris' doorbell rings, I'm very temped to grab a heavy book, or a twenty pound weight, or a knife and throw it at someone. But luckily for the people on the other side of the door, I'm too tired, and all I carry with me is my pillow.

      I walk to the front door like a zombie, throwing the door open, and seeing who it is so I know if it's socially acceptable to hit them with my pillow.

     Sunlight shines in through the door as I find three young men waiting on the other side.

     Will.

     Dylan.

     Ki.

     I scowl at them and raise my pillow, whacking them repeatedly, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

     "WHOA!"

     "WHAT'S WRONG WITH US? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?"

     "SHE'S CRAZY, MATE! CRAZY WOMAN HITTING US WITH A PILLOW!"

     "SEVEN THIRTY IN THE MORNING!" I shout.

     "I'M AWARE! WILL AND KI DRAGGED ME OUT OF MY NICE WARM BED!" Dylan yells in a complaining voice.

     "WILL, KI, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?" I shout, squinting sleepily at them.

     Dylan turns to them, "YEAH, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?"

     Juliette rushes into the room, "WHAT IS GOING ON!?"

     "THE BOYS ARE OVER!" I yell.

     "WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?"

     "BECAUSE IT'S SEVEN FREAKING THIRTY IN THE MORNING AND WE DON'T LIKE IT!" I hollar.

     Iris walks in sleepily, "OH, MY GOSH! CALM DOWN! WHAT'S GOING ON!?"

     "THEY'RE FREAKING OUT AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!" Juliette yells.

     "WE JUST RANG THE DOORBELL!" Ki hollars.

     "SEVEN THIRTY!" I shout, again.

     "NO DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER DAY! STOP SHOUTING! IT'S BAD FOR THeE BABY!" Iris yells.

     "FINE."

     The guys were extremely excited when they were told Iris was pregnant. Which was bey I nod adorable.

     I waddle back into the bedroom and fall face first on the bed, clutching my pillow. For some reason, Juliette follows me, and Dylan follows Juliette and everyone follows them.

     "Why are we all congregating in my room!?" I whine.

     "Because you were the one hitting and shouting." Dylan justifies.

     I groan, "Let me sleep."

     "Only if I can sleep too." Dylan says.

    "No!" Juliette says, "We're already all awake, let's do something!"

     Will sits down on the edge of the bed, "Yeah, Sid, do stuff with me!"

     "No!" I grumble.

     He leans over to look at me, "Please?"

     "I hate you." I mutter.

     "So are you going to come play with us?" He asks.

     "No."

     "Come on."

     "I'm going to get a stick, sharpen it, find where you live, and then poke you very hard with it." I say, resentfully.