Chapter 14: Double the Nep! Part 2

Start from the beginning

"So... where do you think Nepgear is in this... sheep sea?" Ultra Neptune asked.

"Well, look for her purple hair," Uzume replied.

Though that was easier said than done, as there was just white as far as the eye could see.

"I'll just use my phone to-" Merci started, but her daughter stopped her.

"Let us handle this," Ultra Neptune said. "We're the fighters here. And if that bird comes back, or something else happens..."

"I... I understand." Merci handed her daughter her phone. "Please find her."

"I will." And Ultra Nep hopped into the nest, followed by Hyper Nep and Uzume.

"Okay... so, it says..." Ultra Nep called out, looking at her mom's phone, "that Nepgear should over this way."

The group began to push through sheep, calling out Nepgears name.

As Uzume pushed through, she thought she saw some purple. And quickly made her way to it, calling out, "I see her!" And when she got there...

...But it was just Hyper Neptune, kneeling down to look under a sheep.

"Uh, hi," she greeted the redhead. "I think you got the wrong Nep."

"Oh. False Alarm!" Uzume called out.

Ultra Nep followed her mom's phone, carefully looking through the sheep...

...Until finally, she noticed a ball of purple fluff, lying on top of a sleeping sheep.

Neptune made her way to the fluff, and began to shake it awake.

Finally, the fluff looked up, revealing Nepgear's tiny face, as it noticed her big sister. "...Big sis?"

"There you are. Found a nice sheepie to sleep on, did you?" Neptune teased.

"Big bird was really scary!" the tiniest purplette explained. "So I hid in the sheep. And they are very soft..."

"I see." Neptune knelt down to the sheep's face to tell it. "Well, it seems I have a competition in the pillow department."

The sheep didn't make a sound, and just remained asleep.

"Hey, let me hold you," Neptune said as she picked up her little sister. Then she called out, "found her!"

Neptune made her way out, as her smaller counterpart, and Uzume, came out from behind.

"Sweetie!" Mercury shouted as she ran up and snapped her youngest daughter from her eldest's arms. "You're okay!"

"Mommy!" Nepgear responded. "There were mean boys, and then a mean bird, and then sheep."

"Indeed," Umio noted, "sheep."

"Wait, what did the 'mean boys', do?" Uzume asked.

"They said there was cotton candy!" Nepgear shouted. "And then pulled my hair! I didn't have cotton candy... and I wanted some, too..."

"Oh..." Uzume looked away sheepishly (pun not intended). "...I should have saved some then..." she whispered to herself.

"I... think they mistook your hair for cotton candy," Hyper Nep told the little purplette. "Apparently our hair looks like flossy treats!"

Nepgear then grabbed some of her hair, sniffed it...

And put it in her mouth.

"Woah, no, no," Merci said, as she pulled the hair out of her daughter's mouth, "it's not actually cotton candy. It's not tasty at all."