"Boss?"

"She was ambushed. The Irish have her. Luca is looking into it."

"I'll do some digging too and see what I can come up with."

"Thanks."

I pressed the end call button and continued to drive north, lost in my own thoughts. If she wasn't taken from the penthouse, then why did she leave?

*****

Darcy

When I opened my eyes, I was in what looked like a cellar. I was surrounded by cement walls with no windows. There was a cement staircase that led up to a metal door. A single light bulb hung down from a cord in the middle of the ceiling.

I was laying on the floor with my wrists and ankles bound. My entire body ached. I looked down and noticed I was covered in blood; my blonde hair looked a shade of red and my shirt was torn to shreds.

I slowly pushed myself up off the floor with my shoulder and groaned in excruciating pain. My head throbbed and lungs burned with every breath I took. Once I was sitting up completely, I inspected my wrists and ankles. I was bound with zip ties. I leaned my head back against the rough cement, catching my breath. I heard the metal door open and slam shut. Declan and 2 other men who I didn't know entered.

"Good morning, beautiful," Declan said as he laughed maniacally.

I sat perfectly still waiting on his next move. Declan walked up to me and grabbed me by my elbow. I hissed in pain as he pulled me up by my arm that was probably broken. Declan dragged his thumb across my lower lip and smiled.

"You've just made me rich."

I spit in his face and he responded with a blow that landed to my right temple and knocked me to the ground.

"Fuck you," I hissed.

I spat blood onto the ground and wiped my mouth on my shoulder.

"What a filthy mouth on such a pretty girl. I'd stay on my good side, Darcy. I promise you'd rather deal with me than these guys behind me," He said, gesturing over his shoulder. "They show less mercy than I do. Now, tell me what you know about Bishop and Capano. Where are they hiding out? They've got even bigger price tags on their heads than you."

"I don't know shit," I replied.

"Wrong answer, princess." Declan stated before striking me on the head with the butt of his gun. I stumbled backwards and smacked the back of my head against the concrete. I tumbled to the ground and stood myself back up.

"I. Don't. Fucking. Know."

"Don't lie to me. I've heard rumors about you and Bishop being all cozy."

"We aren't."

"I think I may give him a call. You can help us lead him right into our trap."

I shrugged and turned my face away from the men as they left the room. Once I heard the door shut behind them, I collapsed to the ground and clutched my head and face in pain.

I decided then that they wouldn't get a single answer from me, I didn't care if I got myself killed or not.

*****

Colt

My phone rang. I checked the ID which stated, "Unknown Caller". I answered the phone and put it up to my ear.

"Speak."

"Colton Bishop, I believe I may have something you want."

"Who is this?"