Volume 10, Chapter 3 - "Critical Mission"

ابدأ من البداية

Afton: "AH!!!"

Another robot attacked, then another, and another. They kept on jumping and attacking until Afton became covered in the spider-like security robots! As he struggled to free himself, the doors opened. Arthur Watts stepped towards the desperate Afton and looked down at him as his security robots tore his Aura to shreds!

Watts: "I'm afraid you've warn out your welcome, Afton Morningstar."

Afton: "Watts! You're the one behind this! You've been poisoning Spectre's body with your nanobots, haven't you?!"

Watts: "Well done, Afton. Did you figure that out all by yourself? Hm, by my calculations, I'd say the great Emperor Spectre has about three days left."

Afton: "YOU TRAITOR!!! YOU SLIMY MOTHERFU*KER!!!"

Watts: "Make sure to dispose of his body."

With that, Arthur turned around and began to leave. Afton desperately reached out towards him, intending to blast him with an energy ball, however, two more robots clutched onto his hands and he was thrown to the floor! The doors slammed shut, engulfing the laboratory in darkness while more and more security robots piled on top of Afton.

Meanwhile...

(Y/N's P.o.V)

The original staff of Amnesty Academy - that was me, Ryan, Christine, Brady, Cinder, Mercury and Emerald - were gathered in my office up in Amnesty Tower. We were having an online meeting with the UN and LION; we had been told to participate in the discussion about what to do next. The discovery of Spectre grimmifying not only Team RWBY but also Pyrrha, Coco, Roman and Neo had frightened the world. The prospect of an army full of grimmified Huntsmen and Huntresses had sent the UN into panic. Our intelligence operatives had discovered that Spectre had been improving his serum to resist our antidote slime, which didn't make things any better.

(Y/N): "Thank you, Carmine."

Carmine: "Sir."

Mercury: "So, what now? If we can't cure the infected as easily anymore,"

(Y/N): "N-No, Mercury. We were able to cure those infected workers in the sewers, it was only Team RWBY that resisted the slime. I think it's only the people who have been infected with the serum directly rather than the other method of infection, spreading Grimm cells, are the ones who aren't affected by the slime."

France Official: "Even still, this Team RWBY are still out there and could tear our armies apart! We have to find them and do something about it."

Germany Official: "Agreed. We cannot allow any grimmified warriors to fight in the Imperial Army. It would be a serious disadvantage for us."

(Y/N): "Well, if you lot have a suggestion, I'd be more than happy to hear it."

Everyone went silent for a while as they trundled into thought. When I heard the suggestion, however, my eyes widened and I shot up in my seat!

US Official: "We could just nuke them."

(Y/N): "Nuclear warfare is entirely OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!"

Ryan: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute. What do you mean by "nuclear warfare"? Those were those big fireworks we set off last November, weren't they?"

(Y/N): "Of course, not! Nuclear weapons are the most dangerous weapons ever created by mankind! I'm not talking about a garden firework display, Ryan! I'm talking about neutron bombs, multi-warheads! Chemicals that attack your central nervous system and leave you writhing in agony like a worm in bleach."